Stuartf beware. Unethical, difficult, Shady. Now has ghosted me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefAddict

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Stuartf beware. Unethical, difficult, immature and now has ghosted me. Scumbag.

I'll try to sum this up as quickly as possible.
I set up a trade with him for 2 mp40qd for 1 mp60qd. I met him at Jay's in NH. During the transaction I noticed on the box the MP60 said manufacturer date of 2013 he told me he just had used that box and the pump in there was much newer. He showed me that it had a dry side and showed me a box with a second dryside that "has almost no use on it". I gave him my two 3 year old super well maintained mp40qd and we made the exchange.

I got home and that night opened the box. The first wetside I pulled out was rattling and I took off the cage and the ceramic and impeller fell out. They were broken off. I opened the second "hardly any use" wetside and it was covered in algae and also rattling when I shook it. I took the cage off the the impeller was broken off. I look in the box and the power supply he gave me was wrong and I couldn't check to see if anything was working.

I contacted him pretty worked up and after a bunch of back and forth he said he had the right power supply that he would send me and pay for a wetside.

Fast-forward a week later. I get the wetside and power supply. I plug it in, the dry side sounds like a dog is dying, screaming and grinding away. I will include a video. Also the QD controller has a burning smell.

I contact him again. He proceeds to blame me that I may have dropped it and it worked fine for him when he gave it to me. This is the kind of dirtbag I am dealing with it.

I gave him two choices either we trade back ASAP or he pays for a new dryside.

Score
- Him 2 well maintained mp40qd full setup working well.
- Me 1 mp60 wetside and a bunch of parts that should be in a trash heap.

He isn't responding to my messages now.

Imagine living life and being this much of a loser. @Stuartf

- Domenic

Here is the video of me using it once I finally receiving the wetside and power supply. He said he feels he went above and beyond by getting me the wetside and I should appreciate it.

Have you asked him if he'll trade back? If he really believes he gave you what he promised he should be willing. My standard operating procedure on any transaction on Craigslist, FB Marketplace, or here is to unconditionally issue a refund or undo the transaction if the other party is unhappy. Just seems like the right thing to do, @Stuartf

Have you asked him if he'll trade back? If he really believes he gave you what he promised he should be willing. My standard operating procedure on any transaction on Craigslist, FB Marketplace, or here is to unconditionally issue a refund or undo the transaction if the other party is unhappy. Just seems like the right thing to do, @Stuartf
I did. That was when he started saying maybe I dropped it and damaged it cause it was working fine for him.
That’s when I knew what was really going on.

Thank you for this post. It’s not an easy decision to post negative feedback. But it’s the only way to spotlight people who may value money over integrity.

Could the club ban this member from sell, buy & trade within the club or on probation for certain period of time ?

Thank you for this post. It’s not an easy decision to post negative feedback. But it’s the only way to spotlight people who may value money over integrity.
It’s the last type of post I ever want to make and I gave this guy every chance to make things right. He just doesn’t have the integrity to make things right.

7BB0CF6E-D385-4089-8F5D-3FA5A1CE8EB4.jpeg

Wow, two supposedly ‘well known’ and ‘well respected’ people on this site love to just sling mud. No need to remove me I’m done on here. I’ve made plenty of good long-standing relationships with people from this forum and I’m sick of the one sided bulogna posts. To recap and give my side for anyone that cares I offered to trade back before I spent almost 200$ shipping him a powersupply and buying a new wetside though I provided two working ones in trade. After a week he wanted to trade back even after that which is when I put my foot down and he started guilt tripping me. Yes I did stop responding after multiple messages from him when I thought that everything pertinent had been discussed and he was simply repeating himself.

Yeah here’s a pic of the the two “working” wetsides he gave me.

C30D3D5C-200D-4006-A45D-57B1420C2402.jpeg

Both impellers broken and one ceramic broken.

“after a week”. Yeah cause you sent me trash and I had wait for you to buy yourself time.

Stop being a scumbag and loser for once in your life. Have an ounce of integrity.

Let me know how you want to make this right. As far as I’m concerned you stole two mp40s from me. I don’t like thieves.

I had 3 other people contact me about bad dealings with you also.

Here's our bill. I am willing for some unknown reason take even less than I would normally sell them for.

2 x Mp40QD $250 each (we all know I could have gotten $300 each) = $500

$500 - $157 (mp60 wetside you sent me) = $343

Send PayPal.

or

If you want to trade back. I'll give you the box of trash you gave me + the new wetside and you give my 2 mp40 setups in exact condition I gave them to you as. You have to come down to my city I am not meeting you again in NH.

If you have any integrity let me know what you would like to do asap.

- Domenic

OK guys. Shutting this thread down. As you know the club does NOT get involved in resolving disputes. And thrashing this out in public isn't productive. In the future we are considering some sort of integrated system for rating buyers and sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back