Stylophora troubles

Zirky

Non-member
I upgraded to maxspects but trying to keep everyone happy my stylophora got sick and in two days lost half its polips. It's stable now but I'm not sure if I should leave it or frag it. Any advice would be appreciated

IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG

Doesn’t look good. Most likely will lose the coral. I would say frag it... but I am terrible with sps so... Grain of salt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look to your alk. I had some similar issues when my tank was young and less stable. FWIW I managed to save the coral but fragging might be a good idea.

Thanx guys. I don't think it's alk it happened when I changed the flow. I've been adjusting since I got new pumps. Two days of insufficient flow is all it took. Everything seems stable now she's not shedding I'm gonna do large water changes every weekend for a couple weeks and if it doesn't get better I'll cut er up

Hedge your bet and take a small healthy frag. I have had this happen. I fragged and saved both pieces and now growing all over the tank

oh...and +1 on the alk. My purple stylos crap out when alk drops. 7-9 dkh is a good range, IMHO do not shoot for much higher. Chase alk, not pH

Thank you for the good advice. ill add frag plugs and rack to next weeks brs order. Breaks my heart to cut er up. She's stable but not growing back.

Back