Suggestion for clownfish pair

Armando

v 4.0
I got a new Rose Bubble Tip as part of a deal and i think I am going to keep it for my new tank. Now I need a pair of clowns :)

I already have a pair of black clowns and a pair of tomatoes.

Any suggestions for a new different pair? Onyx are nice but pricey. TIA.

i say just spend the money and get an onyx pair. or true perculas from the solomon islands. i think they're worth the money. plus it's a tiny fraction of all your fish tank expenses anyways. :)

I agree with Peter ... go with the onyx.
I had a pair of gold stripe Maroons a few years ago and as they get older they become beasts! the one I had used to bite me every chance she got. Imagine biting the hand that feeds you . .. . I gave her and her anemone away.

Now I have a pair of TR black percs and a gorgeous rose, but they don't go it. Stupid percs . ...

Don't get Maroons...they get big and very aggressive..

Paula,
I also have a nice rose and pair of false percula. They weren't hosting in rose so one day i just guided female in to anemone using net. She was curious before about rose but was kind of wuss to go in it so i helped her...
Ofcourse there is a danger of loosing fish (being eaten by anemone) this way but just worth a try.. I also kept good distance between net and clown/rose so if she wanted to get out of anemone then she can. Now female clown is loving rose and doesn't let male clown come near it..

Here is a pic from my clowns.

Attachments

• IMG_2173.jpg
    IMG_2173.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 298
Yeah I would have to agree with the onyx, but then again, it might be cool to get something more rare if you can find them.

pairs can lead to a beautiful things like this.

this is really what it's all about, here's a pic of my baby akindynos clown. More to come I'm sure.

Attachments

• DSCN1250.JPG
    DSCN1250.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 294
onyx are on the way. still have room for one more pair. it looks like maroon is out. any more suggestions?

the bluestripe looks pretty cool! i've never seen them in person.

the onyx will come from a very good friend :)

Back