Sump/fuge--skimmer question

ceige

always wet hands.....
OK, I am setting up compo sump/fuge. Where should I put my skimmer? I think it should go in the chamber where the water comes into it from the display.....

I am planning a fuge in the center of the sump with the return at on end the water from tank on the other with baffles before the fuge itself. I am at the pint where my baffles are ready to get silicone for the final place.

Any advice would be great!

Hmmm well on my comb. sump/fuge, the skimmer is in the drain chamber before it hits the fuge and return (carbon in the return between 2 baffles). Whether that makes a difference or not I don't know, but seems to work out well that way so far. HTH

that is what i thought but just needed a warm fuzzy. TY

I am putting a SCWD on my return as well, how do you have yours plumbed? And are you happy with it?

The SCWD works great (thanks Marvin for helping me out!). I have 4 holes drilled, 2 on the upper side of each end of the tank, 2 returns, 2 drains. The SCWD's hooked up in the middle of both returns. NOt sure if you can get a visual of that or not... I'm sure other people have other ideas that also work out well. This is an easy and noncomplicated setup for me that hasn't failed yet and I"ve re-plumbed it to get the sump out of the stand.

thats great.....i should have mine fully up within the week. thank you for your input....my tank is not drilled but it will be absicly the same design (one overflow)

You do want the skimmer before the fuge because you don't want the skimmer taking out the critters coming from the fuge before they get to the main tank.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back