Ann. Sunday April 29th DYI Meeting * Leominster MA * Joint Meeting with Central Mass Saltwater Aquarists! & Math Frag Swap!!

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
:)Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members:)

The April meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be: on April 29, 2018 from Noon - 4:00pm

We are pleased to announce this will be a joint meeting with CMAS (Central Mass Saltwater Aquarists).

The location is: Fraternal Order of Eagles at 456 Litchfield St, Leominster, MA 01453

DIY Topics to be covered:

(DO YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN THE BELOW AREAS AND WERE THINKING ABOUT GETTING MORE INVOLVED IN THE CLUB, BUT DID NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE DAY TO DAY BUSINESS. NOW IS YOUR TIME TO STEP UP HELP OUR FOR A FINITE TIME ON A SET DAY. DO NOT BE SHY AS YOU MAY ACUALLY ENJOY SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND INTERACTING.) PLEASE REACH OUT TO ANY BOD MEMBER IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

1. PVC TOP DOWN VIEWER
2. Tank Drilling-Learn how to drill a tank
3. Fragging-Learn how to frag a coral and mount it properly
4. Anemone Fragging by aresangel

Meeting schedule:

**All topics and times subject to change at any time**

12:00-1:00pm Socializing/Membership Registration/Greeting *** Drop off Math Swap Items ***
1:00-2:00pm Start of DIY demos
2:00-2:30pm Break for Lunch *** Receive Math Swap Frags***
2:30-3:30pm Continuation of DIY Demos
3:30-4:00pm Raffle

Please reach out to any BOD member if you are interested in setting up a frag table.

This is a good meeting for new members to attend. You will learn a few basics and have a chance to intermingle with members in hands on environment taking off the pressure of having to say "Hello".

There will be many great raffle prizes offered up to support the club by our sponsors and members. Items will be posted as we get closer to the meeting date.

Frag Math Swap- What is it and how can I get in?

What is a Frag Math Swap?- A Math Swap is trading frags into a pool of wanted to trade corals. The great part of a math trade is you tell me what you have to trade, the approximate second hand market value, and what you want. This data goes into a spreadsheet and after a certain date I cut off entries. Then I do the math! I try to match approximate values, wants, and needs for the frag swap. This way if you bring in a sunkist bounce, you won't be walking away with some green star polyps... maybe a walt disney? *you never know!* If there is no equal value I will contact you asking if you are interested in several smaller items (i.e. 3 30 dollar frags, or 2 50 dollar frags) you will have the right to deny at that point. So in a nutshell I act as a broker and we get more trades done.

Example
Person 1 Brings an LPS and wants some zoas
Person 2 brings some Zoas and wants an SPS
Person 3 brings some SPS and wants some LPS. (See where this is going?)
Everyone is happy!

How do I enter?
E-mail Tim at [email protected]

Lets trade some frags!

**A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE AND NICE GRASSY OUTDOOR AREA FOR THE KIDS TO PLAY!**

Alright folks, it is that time again! Time for another meeting! Show some north central ma love and come on down!

This is a great large hall with outdoors for the kids to wander and a great bar!

@Joe Rice can you pin this tab

Let’s get a shout out of who’s going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there, this ones close enough to me that I could walk there ;)

I hope you'll be having a raffle again, I made out like a bandit at the last one :D

We will have some raffle items! (Anthony has the supply).

Looking forward to this meeting!

If anyone has a DYI demo message me and we can get some supplies to demonstrate with for you!

So I had my clowns bury my chalice when I was on vacation. Now there is a whole lot of dead Skelton.

I am bringing it to show fragging lps techniques on the clubs gryffon saw!

If anyone else has anything they want fragged bring it along!

I look forward to seeing you all again!

So wanted to attend this today. i was going to make my DIY hanging frag rack [emoji2]. Maybe next year. Have fun and happy reefing to all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back