Sunday March 25th Meeting with Greg Hiller- North Andover MA Vote for the topic!!!

What Topic would you like Greg to Talk about?

• Protecting Your Tank from Murphy (Disaster)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Larval Fish and Invert Propogation

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Poor Man's Reef Keeping

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Reefkeeping Chemistry

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members (family friendly environment)

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be on: Sunday, March 25th, noon to 4:00pm with Greg Hiller.

The location is: North Andover VFW Hall, 32 Park St, North Andover, MA 01845

Members will be voting on the topic In this forum. Vote now!

Meeting schedule:
**All topics and times subject to change at any time**
Meeting schedule: Noon - 4pm
12:00-12:30 Meet & Greet / Membership Registration
12:30-1:00 Q&A if interest (Psst! Old school reefers, civic duty calls!)
1:00-2:00 Speaker presentation
2:00-3:00 Food, raffle
3:00-4:00 on Fragswap mayhem/socializing/meeting cleanup

@FragFreaks will have a frag tank set up at the meeting!
Boston Reefers will have a frag tank set up with corals for sale!

@Greg Hiller will have a frag tank set up at the meeting!!

There will be many great raffle prizes offered up to support the club by our sponsors and members. Items will be posted as we get closer to the meeting date.

**AS USUAL, THERE WILL BE A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

Last edited:
Be sure to cast your vote!! I will end the voting Wednesday so Greg Hiller has a chance to set up his talk!

Ask and you shall receive, Greg will be talking about Reef Keeping Chemistry.

Just over a week away! Don't forget to clear your schedule for some socializing, education, and frag swapping in North Andover! If you are planning on going to the meeting and want to trade feel free to meet people at this meeting for swapping!

-Tim

1 week from now I will be in North Andover setting up for the meeting! I am getting excited for BRS to put on a great talk from a native reef keeping legend @Greg Hiller !

If anyone is looking for any specific corals for the meeting feel free to ask @FragFreaks or ask here. BRS will also have a tank so ask and we can see what we can find for you! Socializing, Education and Connecting Reefers from across MA and surrounding states is the BRS mission!

We hope to see you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright folks! We are a couple days away! Greg Hiller has told us he is going to set up a frag tank!

That gives us 3 Frag Tanks and a great speaker about reef chemistry! Sunday funday coral swap and a safe place for us to geek out about our obsession/hobby!

@FragFreaks
@Greg Hiller
Any eye candy to make our mouths water?

Who’s Coming?

You come and go when ever you want. We don’t trap anyone in or lock anyone out I promise

Okay, the presentation tomorrow will be exclusively about reefkeeping chemistry. I have a HUGE amount of material, so there will be options to skip sections and emphasize the topics you are interested in. For anyone that's seen a reefkeeping chemistry talk by me before there will be parts you remember, but I always cover some different/new things, so you should not be (overly) bored!

As mentioned above, I'll have a tank set up at the meeting with cuttings from my tanks. I'll have a wide variety of frags, most quite large in size. Here's a photo of one that a lot of people like:

blue-purple%20tort%20with%20frag.jpg

I'll be coming to my first meeting tomorrow and bringing my 10 year old son. I'm definitely interested in a couple premium acro frags... Are there usually enough to go around?

Cash and/or card work for purchasing frags and membership?

Should I bring some food or drink?

Last edited:
We buy pizza and ask a buck a slice. With three frag tanks plenty to go around! I am getting stuff for the kids tables tomorrow so if there is something he likes to do to keep him occupied let me know in a pm and I will be sure to grab something for him!

Update!!!

FragFreaks will not be able to make it to the meeting due to unforeseen circumstances.

We will still have 2 great frag tanks set up at the meeting so don’t worry we will be able to get your frag fix!

Figures close to home and I can’t make it [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back