Switching from 20 AIO to 20 plumbed

I'm gonna get a jecod nano dcs-2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the right size for your system. The sicce I recommended will be much quieter with the suction cup feet, but both comparable as far as power.

However you decide to plumb your system, try to use a soft tubing from the pump at least a few inches to help reduce vibrations and noise.

Extremely ugly but it's coming along

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 404
Finished the project! Everything's plumbed, up and running. Just one thing, does anyone know how I can quote the drain noise isays really loud

He has one hole so a durso set up I think.

Did you put in a union valve or ball valve? Anything at the end of your stand pipe or is it open?

Some pictures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 390
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 406
Is the stand pipe glued together? If not I would rotate it 180 degrees and put in a 90 degree elbow facing downwards.

Typically people put a cap on the top as well and a hole drilled in the top to allow some air through. That could reduce the noise.

C05522F8-493A-4F03-AAD5-1DE2DF9736E3.jpeg
Looks good. Since you only have a Durso set up, I think the only possible way to quiet things down would be to add a reverse durso in the sump. Have it drain into the sump something like this. And also, try putting a cap on the pipe up top with a hole drilled in it.

Also is the noise coming from the drain pipe or the water cascading down the overflow?

I will add that if you have a 1" or smaller drain in the tank the pipe on the durso should be 1 1/4" otherwise it will never flow as quiet as it could unless the flow is really slow. Look up durso standpipe and see what you might tweek. I second the revers durso in the sump.

I'm not looking to replace anything or make it more complicated I'll just try to put the cap with a hole on the end, to be honest the noise isn't unbearable so I can deal

Leak tested for 24 hours, woke up today (after a day of running flawlessly) to an almost empty display tank. Fish survived all coral probably dead. Thinking about getting out of the hobby because I don't have a tank or money to spend on a new one.

Oh no! Where was the leak? At the bulk head? Or tank seems? We can help you rebuild.

Tank seams as far as I can tell. No plumbing leaks and sump is fine only display empty

Back up and running! Sadly I lost stewie (my bicolor blenny) and a zoa frag. Had an extra 20L to set it up with (had to make a few runs to the hardware store).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 413
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back