Synergy Overflows

Mixed Reefer

BRS Member
I’m looking to start a new build, custom. I am going to use a overflow box and have been looking at synergy as an option. I see they have a newer version the V2. Has anybody used one of these boxes? Would love to hear your thoughts. Also other options. Thanks
27A45EF2-BF2E-47DF-8287-6B56B0351774.jpeg

I have this and used it for a few months for a 120 that never happened. I ended up using it on a 40 breeder drilled on the short side. No issues except the usual salt creep from the cover on the back.

I saw they upgraded the back cover to stop that issue with the salt creep. Did you think the box was constructed well? I saw some reviews that said it was thin. Did you have the 16 inch version? Would you have considered another option? Thanks

I saw they upgraded the back cover to stop that issue with the salt creep. Did you think the box was constructed well? I saw some reviews that said it was thin. Did you have the 16 inch version? Would you have considered another option? Thanks
It is rather thin but it worked well. I have the 16" version. Originally, bought for a 120 but then went on comp due to a back injury so I used it on a 40 B I had laying around. When I drilled my 40 I spaced holes as if it was a 120, slapped the box on and the realized that I had an 18" light of glass instead of 24" that the bigger tank had. I drilled through the sides and siliconed (sp?) the heck out of it to make it work. See below pics.
IMG_20190722_120708.jpg

IMG_20190722_133144.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back