Tank Cover - What are people doing?

Richard Kagen

Non-member
Hello-Starting to design my SCA 120 build and thinking about a cover. I have had good luck with my 60 rimless cube using a glass top and ceiling hung light as long as I keep the glass clean. What are people doing:
- black egg crate (any idea whereto buy it locally)
- white HD egg crate
- glass
- net or screen (can anyone share specifics as I have not done this)
Nothing I hate more than losing a fish to the carpet (lost 3 diamond gobbies, one of my favorite fish, in the last year even with the glass top, those guys can really find a hole)

Are you looking at only DIY options? Or are you willing to spend some money?

I used these guys. More expensive than a DIY, but finished product is clean.

I use DD jumpguard, it's a good fit and pretty reasonably priced DIY option. Make sure you get the pro model with the brace.

They do custom cuts. You just gotta send them a picture and measurements of what you want.

I have the BRS DIY kit, and am happy with it. I made mine 3" too narrow and then created a separate 3" piece with a missing piece of frame to allow my powerhead cords through easily.

My fish does not jump anymore, so not even clear screen I don't use anymore. But I did all from homedepot aluminium frame screen with clear plastic I bought from amazon. It's many videos, here it's one

My fish does not jump anymore, so not even clear screen I don't use anymore. But I did all from homedepot aluminium frame screen with clear plastic I bought from amazon. It's many videos, here it's one

I did the same thing but I used hot glue on the seams as well to help hold it in place.

Clear vue for sure, best option in my opinion. I have one on a waterbox and one on another seapora. Both fit excellent and are great quality

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back