Tank Temperature

My house was 88 degrees inside. I thought about a chiller but what was I thinking... I need AC myself! With the sump in the basement and a large fan on it the tank only got to 83. I still want to keep it cooler than that but its a start.

My house only went up to 83 yesterday, tank was at 83.2, still no fan. Turned A/C on when I got home at about 6:30p
Not a bad temp without a fan or A/C!! 125g tank upstairs, 75g fuge/frag & a 40g sump in the basement. It's only 70 in the basement, so it acts as a passive chiller. When I have the new garage floor poured I'm looking into burying some tubing/flex pipe in the concrete to act as a chiller

Mine went to it's highest ever. only about 1 hour at peak. No a/c's in the window. I will hang them in this weekend. The wife will love that!!! Everything is ok & I normally run my tank at around 81. The only one who seemed to get a little pissed was my blue tort. One small string of slime came from it. I blasted it with the turkey baster & no more slime. That was just too dam high for my likes!!!!!!!But hey in the wild these acros @ some low tides can be right out of the water & being blazed by the sun & air. I know not all acro species but ....they can take heat as long as it isn't for long periods. Also as long as the heat & cool down is on a gradient.

On very hot days my tank will hit 85 (with the chiller running). No big deal for the inhabitants (as far as I can tell; some microfauna may be having a harder time).

I'm going to a staggered lighting schedule to help spread the heating effect out. Plus having the lights go on later (so they are on until 10p when its cooler out). Not having all 3 MH's on at the same time (for 8 hous) has been helping

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back