Test Kits

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7)
BRS Member
Anyone set up a custom case for their kits?
Or yall still rocking those OEM Test kit boxes :p:p:p
20181215_194737.jpg

I use Salifert kits and have this digital refractometer from Reef Breeders. Thing is awesome, so much more convenient than a regular refractometer.

Anyone set up a custom case for their kits?
Or yall still rocking those OEM Test kit boxes :p:p:p
View attachment 123630

I use Salifert kits and have this digital refractometer from Reef Breeders. Thing is awesome, so much more convenient than a regular refractometer.

This case is such a great idea. I’m going to harbor freight tomorrow to set this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go through test kits very quick. I just keep them in the original boxes.

I just use the own box kits for Red Sea Pro

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here is my lab area. Be careful with the silicone cup on that refractor. They no longer come with the cup due to interference. Good customer service and they sent me a new probe when mine went out of calibration

d8dc279dbebf84af413949a1e7215302.jpg

This salinity meter is not reliable, it can be way off. Check it against a calibrated refractometer frequently is a must. Also there is no way to calibrate it.

This salinity meter is not reliable, it can be way off. Check it against a calibrated refractometer frequently is a must. Also there is no way to calibrate it.

Very much agree, indeed these are downsides to this probe, makes it basically disposable. I have had two go out of cal. but they haved replaced with no issue. For me with multiple tanks it is good; although I use orthogonal refractometer (as recommended cald with Ref Std) and apex probe.

Mine has been pretty reliable so far,
What do you mean there is no way to calibrate it? Can you not calibrate the ice cap?
I guess time will tell.

There is no way for the consumer to adjust or calibrate the probe.

There is no way for the consumer to adjust or calibrate the probe.

I have the Scionx, it came with 30pt solution.
I guess SB Reef sells it too, cause I found a Wild Mike Herman

Hmm, interesting. The ICE CAP makes no mention of this function. It is hard to believe these are different units.

I think you can also do it to the ice cap but they don’t advertise it. I’ll look for it

Back