The cheapest ?

Adam Stone

Reef N00b
Amount to spend on a awsome chiller for my 75 gallon?

the temp has been hitting 89 with no problem and at this rate i wont be able to keep any coral at all...

Seriously by an Air conditioner you can enjoy too. You could also modify your lighting schedule and add fans. Float frozen bottles of water in your sump or tank if needed.

I agree with Keith. Air conditioners are cheaper than chillers and you get to enjoy it also. I enjoy mine:)

Ive tried the frozen Rodi water bottle thing its not working

ive got 1000 watts over the tank and they are on 10 hrs of the day

I've got a 75g with 940w over the tank and I keep my temps at 80F easily in the summer. 1) I use a 6" clip-on fan over the sump 24/7 2)I have 2-4" fans blow out of my hood 3) my best thing is I use a 8000BTU AC unit in the room;)
something thats been mentioned a couple times<chillers

yeah my moms room has ac and so does the dining room, but none in the living room there are also ac's in my room and my sisters...

one note about a chiller...
ever feel that haut exhaust from an AC unit? that gets vented outside with air conditioning.
with a chiller that hot air will go into whichever room has the chiller.
just something to ponder as you plan things.
you definitely do need to do something to get that heat under control.
i think a new unit that's cheap would go for 500 bucks.
a used one would be less, obviously. they are a chunk of change.
have you tried ebay for price knowledge?
then check out a new one at marine depot or something to know what the typical etailer charges.
you might be able to swing a deal off one of our local vendors.
scott merrill might be able to put together a group buy...

now how much highier will my electric bill be now for running 5 ac's plus running the mh lighting? LOL Thats if a AC would fit in the window its kinda small in that room...

The energy guide on the 8,000 btu ac said it cost an average of $59/yr....yes I just bought another. Hey! now I can put a tank in the dining room too!

I am wondering if the 1000 watts has to do with your other thread ? AC is the way I go I am in worcester also and I haven't had to put mine on yet . curious about how big your tank is and what you are planning on keeping? sorry to go OT!!

well the PFO MH + PC lighting is what is probally causing the problem it only has one fan installed into it...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back