The Rebuild Begins.......

Started to plumb up the water mixing/change station

Salt mix barrel will have a feed directly into the sump for ease of water changes. Will have a quick disconnect there as well for other mixed saltwater needs.

Ro/di has a 1/4 poly tube feed to mechanical float for my auto top off. Will also have a separate feed with a quick disconnect for other ro/di needs.

You will see some 4” diameter cutouts in the container. Had to make a couple so i could get my hands in there to attach plumber and one will be for dumping salt in. Will be making some nice 3D printed covers for them so they are sealed when not needed.

7c9abe7d0e34db515efaa657d31ef261.jpg

Been awhile since I posted. Haven’t done all too much.

Working on plumbing the sump so I can at least get my frag tank online. Main display still a far away from being running.

In the back ground you will see a 2000w electric heater. Plan on heating the fish room separately from the finish basement area. Still need to wire in the thermostat and breaker before I can give it a test run.

150g Rubbermaid Sump
(3) 1” drains. 1 from frag tank, 2 from DT that will split into an inline algae scrubber and then the other directly into the sump.

Trying to keep my apex stuff as clean as possible as well. Keeping some space to add some other goodies later on.

2211cc65c28ec603fa2c91e8ba8ec20d.jpg

3D printed filter sock holder. Seems like it will work out pretty well. Will have one on the other far right drain. Middle drain will be coming right from an inline. Scrubber so not going to filter that one due to pods etc.

Have the bracket bolted to the sump with some nylon cap screws.

cf395282238f586a06b189b4f641e1bb.jpg

3d printed dual magnetic heater old. Trying to keep my sump as clean as possible.

Will have two of these for a total of 1200 watts (4 300w heaters).

Tank will be in a finished basement with baseboard heat so doubt i need them all but wanted some extra power just in case.

d38c50db0b9f539e3429c1f0f32e4bab.jpg

Slowly getting things done. Not moving as fast I would have liked but still moving. Plumbed in the return pump.

dd7841ce1ed8658f26973518a18f75c2.jpg

Put in a standard garden hose attachment for ease of water changes. Will run a hose right out to my driveway. With the salt mix storage plumbed directly into the tank water changes should be a breeze.

Also I now officially have one frag tank plumbed in. Not sure how many I will be doing yet.

139bcd198cc15d7830a7c86e41fcc284.jpg

Also plumbed in a BRS reactor inline with the return to run some media.

8e323905d256e8db5fc2d9e709859315.jpg

Lastly trying some new lights in the frag tank. These are made by Zetlight and are Apex compatible.

2781e39ca3c8c8df65a34d870d7323db.jpg

Will you be set back up in time for a table at fragtastic sept. 22?

Will you be set back up in time for a table at fragtastic sept. 22?

That may be a good possibility. If you want to put me down as tentative that works for me. The one frag tank is technically ready to roll. Was thinking of starting to place some orders soon to let things grow out over the summer.

Sounds good. I will check in in a couple of weeks to get a better feel for sept. We are doing pre-payment this year and trying to cap at 20 coral vendors.

Saw a good deal on a Skimz SK252 the other day and decided to snatch it and give it a try.

This is able to be run external and I am going to plumb it that to keep my sump wide open. I also have a DCP-3000 hanging around that should work great for a feed pump.

Not my picture its from the Skimz site. Mine will be in next week.

ba35b152208bad7a6bb03366bcfe37bf.jpg

Hi All,

As you probably have seen, I have not had much activity on here over say the past 6 months. For those who may or may not have known, I had moved over the summer from Plaistow NH to Sandown NH. Prior to the move I had sold off almost 90% of my inventory so to lessen the risk of any losses.

I had originally anticipated to be back up and running by now but been a little delayed. I am happy to say the rebuild has finally commenced. I am hoping to be back up and running by this summer with some nice new inventory for you all to feast your eyes on.

Like before I will be operating out of my home but not will a lot more ease of access. I am in the middle of starting a basement renovation with a nice in wall display that will house all the nice goodies of colonies with the fish room behind and frag tanks.

To be continued………..

99be9ce8af10688d79247610d9ddf441.jpg

Nice looking DT, what are the dimensions? And who’s it made by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

As you probably have seen, I have not had much activity on here over say the past 6 months. For those who may or may not have known, I had moved over the summer from Plaistow NH to Sandown NH. Prior to the move I had sold off almost 90% of my inventory so to lessen the risk of any losses.

I had originally anticipated to be back up and running by now but been a little delayed. I am happy to say the rebuild has finally commenced. I am hoping to be back up and running by this summer with some nice new inventory for you all to feast your eyes on.

Like before I will be operating out of my home but not will a lot more ease of access. I am in the middle of starting a basement renovation with a nice in wall display that will house all the nice goodies of colonies with the fish room behind and frag tanks.

To be continued………..

99be9ce8af10688d79247610d9ddf441.jpg

Nice looking DT, what are the dimensions? And who’s it made by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank was made by Advanced Acrylics. Its 84x20x20 which is around 145g. I had them upgrade to 3/4 thick high quality acrylic for better clarity and to eliminate any cross bracing. By going to 3/4 it allowed them to do a 2” euro brace all the way around.

I wanted to get to an 8 footer but the placement of where it was going and duct work near there would not allow the extra 12” without being too crammed of a look.

With the one frag tank running I have a few pieces coming for grow out. Its been almost a year since the break down at my previous home. I must say feels great to know the tanks will soon start filling. Cant wait for these to grow out.

Pictures are courtesy of Cherry Corals. I participated in their live sale and brought in some nice pieces.

Red Hornet Jawbreakers
Big Blondies
Orange Mandarins
Nirvanas
Flaming Hornets
Purple Monsters
Scrambled Eggs
Skittles Bomb Cyphastrea
JF Jack O Lantern
Fruit Loops (Not Shown)
Whodahs Cat Eye Palys (Not Shown)

8809e95a8e024b8221747d3aae451075.jpg