Theiling Rollermat

dds

Non-member
I just purchased the Theiling Rollermat & i'm going to install it in my 40B sump. is anyone using one of these in place of socks?

never used it. i saw the video and its kind of neat but i think the price plus it only being sold in metric fittings made me less so

for my set up, i just have to replace the inlet metric bulkhead with a 1 1/4" one & i should be GTG. my sump is in the basement, so changing filter socks often becomes a chore. i'm also hoping this will help with protein export because i'm currently battling a gha issue.

i'd be curious to see how this works for ya long term. I've seen a lot of reports on them being great but they are all only a few months into it once you do some digging

Omg, I love this hobby! Another gadget that I simply don't need, but must have! Please keep us updated on how it works out for you, but chances are I'm going to order one before you have a chance to respond anyway...

....if you know me, you know I'm not at all kidding. Lol

I'm still considering it, but I don't like the fact it can only handle 600gph. I watched the BRS video and he said even with it not handling the full volume of their 160 it was still doing a better job than the filter socks they were using. Not sure I believe that or not.

0393faeba9894e1fdeef9be38981b87b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure exactly how much flow. I have a RSM-C250, 3= 20g tanks & a 40g sump is in the basement. total maybe 140-150 gallons. I have a Jecod DCT15000 pump set to 50%. All the drains dump directly into the Rollermat.

if i just keep the math simple, i calculate around 900 gpm minus pipe, fittings & head restrictions.

Nice, sadly I would need 2 or I would have to bypass a portion. I'm hoping they come out with a larger one. Built well I assume?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It looks to be very well built & really simple construction. My skimmer seems to be pulling less out as a result of most particles being trapped by the mat. If I had to buy 2 for my tank, I would in a heartbeat.

+1 I'm excited about this gadget, but sad about the price.

I bought 10x filter socks for $25 in our previous tank and changed them once a week, then did a big load of laundry every two months. Wasn't a hassle and a whole lot less expensive.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back