Thoughts on these readings?

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
BRS Member
What's high? What's to low? Everything ok? What else should I be testing?

Mixed reef mostly lps and softys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zach77

BRS Member
Was the ammonia reading just kind of an in between color or do you think it was above 0? I wouldn’t chase any of those numbers except for the ammonia. PO4 is slightly higher than some desire, but personally I wouldn’t worry about it.

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
BRS Member
Was the ammonia reading just kind of an in between color or do you think it was above 0? I wouldn’t chase any of those numbers except for the ammonia. PO4 is slightly higher than some desire, but personally I wouldn’t worry about it.
I was using an api kit so yes between colors I think. I went with the closer color.

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
BRS Member
I just did a 5 gal water change last night and am going to check it again. I plan another 5 gal change on Sunday. That should bring the ammonia down in a 30g tank right?

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
BRS Member
I have about 30 or so pounds I think and when cleaning last night I did realize that I can not find my PJ Cardinal. I moved rock and everything and I do not remember seeing it. That is more than likely my ammonia right?

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
BRS Member
If something died and is decomposing it’ll definitely cause a slight ammonia spike
Ok I will have to see if I can find it. Anyone know if Cardinals are jumpers? I will look around the tank tonight and see if I can find it. Would my pistol shrimp have grabbed it if it died? I did see it swimming a day ago though, hmmmm.

aresangel

Tim- 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Officer
Not really jumpers from what I know. They often go into rockwork and die in my experience.... have a good clean up crew for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Sunday February 17th, 2019
BRS February Meeting
West Side Social Club
4 Harrington Court
Wakefield MA

Saturday March 2nd, 2019
Frag Farmer's Market
E.O. Smith High School
1235 Storrs Road
Storrs, CT