• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Explain your preference of lighting your reef tank and why you choose this option.

I had power compacts on my very first tank. It was a 55gal. that I had set up as a see thru from my living room to the dinning room. I lived on the cape at the time and actually used sand that I gathered from the beach to start up with.

Started with name brand leds then black box style now I have a ati t5 setup.I like the idea of not having to worry about what percentage intensity of what color spectrums to worry about ECT. Will be adding a blue xho reefbrite so I can have the color pop of led with the convenience of t5 lighting

For this tank, I think this is my 5th tank [emoji848], I’m running two MH 400 watts and two 39watt actinic T5s over a 60 cube.

My reason for choosing this lighting method is because it is the most forgiving [emoji23] I have had bad luck with LEDs in the past like when the hydra 26s first came out. Unfortunately I bleached a few corals with running LEDs. I don’t know if it wasn’t blended enough or what but when I got a MH bulb over my old tank the corals did a lot better. It is more expensive IMO but it is what it is. The fixture I have now I got from Aquavim out of The Bronx. Definitely recommend them. Someday I’m gonna get one of their coffee table tanks [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently running AI Prime LED and am switching over to Radion XR15 g4 Pro. Also, I have a 36" 4 bulb t5 light waiting for tank to be up and running.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back