Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 5.3%

Votes: 2 3.5%

Votes: 29 50.9%

Votes: 22 38.6%

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I like salty things.
As for the saltiness of my tank water, I always shoot for 1.025 but I’ve let it be as low as 1.023 before. I’m cool with anything in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a couple orders from LiveAquaria.. fish/shrimp from WI facility, and a fish from CA facility. Both had SG of 1.030!!

I double checked the calibration of refractometer, it was right. Any idea why they keep it so high?

I just got a couple orders from LiveAquaria.. fish/shrimp from WI facility, and a fish from CA facility. Both had SG of 1.030!!

I double checked the calibration of refractometer, it was right. Any idea why they keep it so high?

Interesting. Could it perhaps have more dissolved oxygen in increasing specific gravity?

Interesting. Could it perhaps have more dissolved oxygen in increasing specific gravity?

Dude... I’m not surprised with LA. I will never buy from them again. They say they QT divers den for 3 weeks at least, sometimes months. That is a load of CRAP

Ok it works on safari. Wow I’m surprised with the 1.025 being the majority. I thought 026 was natural sea water. But I guess it might depend what sea

So just so we all know. I spoke to reeftopia about what their SG was for their clean up crew when shipped because fed-ex was late with the delivery. he said the sg was between 1.030-1.032. I know they harvest from FL where the water is a higher SG than our reef tanks. Just a fyi [emoji16][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always shoot for 1.026 but sometimes my bad eyes bring it to 1.028 with a refractometer , time for a digital readout I guess.

1.026 with Milwaukee (great tool for those of us with bad eye sight) been considering dropping to1.025. This thread will help that decision, thanx.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back