Today's Poll: Water Movement

Do you use Gyre, Vortech or other styled wavemakers.

• Gyre

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Vortech/Jebao

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Hydor

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Custom Manifold from Return Pump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Funny comments. Maybe there could be a poll of estimates of water movement within tanks (tank volumes per hour with powerheads plus sumps). Not that I even know what mine is. But it might be informative.

Instead of listing every kind/ brand of pump out on the market, I figured all the intelligent individuals on here would figure it out. If you don't understand the Poll, ask, if not keep it moving. Not looking for criticism or jokes here. Just trying to get more social interaction and try to make to bring this club up to the potential that it can be. Tomorrow's poll will include something else that I'm sure someone will have smart answer to.
This isn't directed towards anyone in particular, but a statement nonetheless. Seems some people enjoy the Daily Poll, so until then I'll continue doing it. If someone else feels I'm not doing a good job, by all means feel free to take over. My $.02

Sensitive. Aren’t we?
If you’re not going to do something right, don’t do it at all.
What is right?
What is wrong?
Who is to decide?
Rodin-The-Thinker.jpg

I’m currently using two 250 gyres on a 72 gal bowfront and there great but a little too powerful for my hammer and rbta plus they don’t create the wave motion my mp10 did. So in my new tank which is a 3’x3’ drop off I’m pplanning to keep the gyres in the back corners and an mp40 on the drop.

running (2)gyre 330’s currently not sure if I am impressed compared to some other options. great for the topwater agitation though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m probably going to get a ration of backlash for this but, you can’t argue with success. I’ve accumulated over the years hydor koralia
There probably a more efficient way of flow but
I have 3 on each end of my 125 gal.
And 1 sun sun double power head in the middle.
They are all pointing at diff angels.
I have a ton of frogspawn that thrives in my tank.
Torch, gsp, buttons, some Zoas , lots of diff shrooms, finger leathers, colts, green trees
1 sps green slimer from Paul’s tank
Trying to get slowly into sps
I love the movement in my tank.
I know I’m crazy but it works

I use in my peninsula 230 gallons 2 Gyre 350 (new version) one in each side, the controllers simulate the tides and moon changes, it's great. And this new version it's supposed to be very easy to clean, however it's 3 months now and I have not clean yup. I highly recommend

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back