Took over 4 years.. but back in the hobby :)

you should love watching the progression of our members. I did one new to me 120G [emoji102] it’s great because you can see how far you have come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you should love watching the progression of our members. I did one new to me 120G [emoji102] it’s great because you can see how far you have come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I still look at my build threads for my old tanks from time to time. Your right, that look back provides so much perspective!

I love build threads! Especially cause as you said, Blitzburggirl, every tank is different. Different variables to almost every setup. Always great to see each one progress and evolve.

We call this the uglys stage it is probably just an algae bloom I read your original post but I forget did you start with dry rock or used rock? BTw welcome back to this madness we call a hobby

Sorry :) I forgot to answer your question. I started again with rock I'd kept from a tank I broke down about 5 years ago. Soooo dry used rock! It's great to be back in the hobby :)

Just because I thought about it today, according to this thread I added 3 berghias sometime around mid Sept. The aiptasia got pretty bad during most of October. To the point I considered adding peppermints.

Then, within the last week or two... all aiptasia are just... gone! YAY! I didn't even notice a gradual decline.. just GONE!

I added the little critters very carefully so they are in the same lowish flow spot on a rock right before lights out. I read that the key is they need to get reproducing, so I figured they had the best chance of that if I kept them together. I saw a berghia on the glass a few weeks ago (still plenty of aiptasia... I kind of rolled my eyes...) haven't seen another since though.

Exactly @Chris A. ... I am glad the aips are gone, but yes! It wasn't cheap, for sure! But it was the least labor intensive way, and I didn't have to worry about peps gone bad!

I figure I'm done adding to the tank for a while, life is about to be extremely busy, so hopefully they don't crop back up again!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back