Took some sps picks today.........

nicks387

Non-member
Even though I post a lot of LPS pics I still LOVE SPS........................................
Heres a few pics from today.....

Tyree Purple Monster
Newhotness026.jpg

Newhotness025.jpg

Red Planet
Newhotness038.jpg

Tubs Pink Jade
Newhotness054.jpg

nice pics!! im still picking certain sps i want

these pictures are amazing!

Looking good nick

Thank you all for the kind words.

WOW nice colors. What king of bulbs do you use?

Thanks again. I use Mogul 250w Radium's with HQI ballasts in Lumenbright Reflectors and no actintics. I was running VHO's for suplemental actintic but with the Radiums I find I don't need them so I took them out.

with the biocube HQI would i be able to get any type of sps corals?

You can keep pretty much anything with that HQI biocube but do all the research you can first. I have learned that it takes more then just good lights to keep sps happy......I wouldn't recommend jumping right into sps. Start with some zoos and softies maybe some lps and when you feel ready get into the sps.

Great shots Nick
would you mind Sharing the settings you shot those in?

I dont mind at all but I know you want the DSLR settings and I am using a P&S Canon G10. I use an extension tube and macro lenses from E bay $20 I did have to play around with the settings on the camera for like a year before I could get good tank pics but now I love this thing.
I am still jealous of your D90 Bijan. I think it was a D90 right?
One day...............:(

I love pics like this... helps me decide what SPS to look for when I get the big tank up and going.

I would definately recommend all of these. Especially the Purple Monster and Pearlberry, and Red Planet and...Nevermind, I could go all day with this one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPevine11
with the biocube HQI would i be able to get any type of sps corals?

You can keep pretty much anything with that HQI biocube but do all the research you can first. I have learned that it takes more then just good lights to keep sps happy......I wouldn't recommend jumping right into sps. Start with some zoos and softies maybe some lps and when you feel ready get into the sps.

thank you for the info, im looking to buy this week i hope ( if i can sell some stuff off craigslist ) anyways i'll get my rock, sand, R/O water salt etc soon after. after i get it all set up and water levels down how long untill adding corals would be safe? also how long to add a fish ( percula clown is what i bellive i want )?

*sorry for asking questions in you pic fourm*
thank you for the help. and again great pics! also would you mind if i requested a full tank shot?

thank you
-mike pevine-

thank you for the info, im looking to buy this week i hope ( if i can sell some stuff off craigslist ) anyways i'll get my rock, sand, R/O water salt etc soon after. after i get it all set up and water levels down how long untill adding corals would be safe? also how long to add a fish ( percula clown is what i bellive i want )?

I will PM you some recomendations.

*sorry for asking questions in you pic fourm*
thank you for the help. and again great pics! also would you mind if i requested a full tank shot?

I would love to give a full tank shot. The only thing is that I have had a problem ridding my tank of some aptaisia and after 2 copperband butterflies wouldn't touch it I decided to put a bristletail Filefish in there so I had to put all the LPS and zoos into the frag tank and I feel its not a good representation of the tank right now. When he does his job I will put all the lps back in and give you all a nice FTS.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back