Trachy with skeleton rubbed through, advice needed

Ptreef

BRS Member
I've got a trachy that seems healthy but my clownfish decided they like sleeping in it. As an effect they caused the skeleton to poke through in a few areas they rub against often. That exposed few spots had started too grow some algae, rather than healing over, as I had hoped. Any ideas on how to get rid of algae and heal this coral. I was planning to put a bottle over it for a while to keep the clowns off it but happy to hear other suggestions. Should I do something to remove the algae? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_171250.jpg
    IMG_20210507_171250.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 192
I've got a trachy that seems healthy but my clownfish decided they like sleeping in it. As an effect they caused the skeleton to poke through in a few areas they rub against often. That exposed few spots had started too grow some algae, rather than healing over, as I had hoped. Any ideas on how to get rid of algae and heal this coral. I was planning to put a bottle over it for a while to keep the clowns off it but happy to hear other suggestions. Should I do something to remove the algae? Thanks!
I would put a bottle over it in fear that it would not get enough flow. Have any quarter inch netting you could make a box out of? That would keep the clown away from it while have minimal impact on flow.

I have great success with nipping off the bony part that the algae grows over and tuck that particular part in a shaded area to slow down algae growth until polyp grows over once again provided you feed it more to accelerate growth. You might have to brush the area a few times when algae reappear. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back