Trident and calrx

Ttran102

BRS Member
Can you guys show me your alk swing with calcium reactor? Mine doesn't swing much 0.2-0.4dkh I know that's good enough for sps but I thought calcium reactor suppose to supply whatever your alk consume and replace it so there shouldn't be any swing right?

Attachments

• 7C013127-C7E3-4E0D-87C5-AAEC7016D0BF.png
    7C013127-C7E3-4E0D-87C5-AAEC7016D0BF.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 155
Can you guys show me your alk swing with calcium reactor? Mine doesn't swing much 0.2-0.4dkh I know that's good enough for sps but I thought calcium reactor suppose to supply whatever your alk consume and replace it so there shouldn't be any swing right?

What's your sampling frequency? There's always going to be some swing as the reactor responds to a test below setpoint, then is active until test above the setpoint and may overshoot a bit, then repeat. The longer lag between tests the bigger the swing. But I imagine there's a bit of tidal variation in Alk on a natural reef, not to mention day/night swings, so I don't think there's anything wrong with your Alk variation at all.

What's your sampling frequency? There's always going to be some swing as the reactor responds to a test below setpoint, then is active until test above the setpoint and may overshoot a bit, then repeat. The longer lag between tests the bigger the swing. But I imagine there's a bit of tidal variation in Alk on a natural reef, not to mention day/night swings, so I don't think there's anything wrong with your Alk variation at all.
Just set it as 4 times for alk testing. And I saw a picture of neptune posting up their trident chart and it's almost flatline wonder how they do it.

More frequent testing probably, I think it can go up to 24x per day? Which would just cost you more on reagents. Or they dialed in the feed rate to match consumption very closely. But if your corals are happy I wouldn’t worry.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back