Trouble getting Apex set up

richardong

Non-member
I still can't get my apex to setup :(
Anyone having router issue with apex? They are very slow in responding to open tickets. The apex starts rebooting itself every few minutes on the second day. Bought it from Marine Depo two weeks ago. It has been 8 days and they can't solve the troubleshooting. Last night I got a respond from the support team suggesting to replace my router. Really?? I am using verizon network and verizon router. Is anyone setup apex using verizon having any issue?

Here is the response I received last night:
"I am sorry, I have not heard back. I am still waiting for the next steps. One other option you can try while we wait is to swap out the router is possible for a different model. I have seen people swap out for a netgear models and not had this issue."

It is getting really frustrating and the waiting time always 2-3 days before they get back.

I have Verizon FIOS and a Verizon router (the latest one) and I'm not having any trouble. I do have it hardwired rather than Wi-Fi. Have you tried just rebooting the router and the Apex at the same time?

Hardwire it, get it setup and running. Then setup wireless in fusion. I was having wifi connection issue with one of mine and this solved the problem for weeks now. Make sure you reset it with a paperclip and setup from first step wired, it might take a few attempts to get the wireless to stick but it will work.

I have Verizon FIOS and a Verizon router (the latest one) and I'm not having any trouble. I do have it hardwired rather than Wi-Fi. Have you tried just rebooting the router and the Apex at the same time?
Yes, multiple times. Had a phone call from their tech guy to walked me through, authorized him to take over my pc to do troubleshooting. I am using Verizon fios as well. Tried hardwire, as soon as plug into router, it start rebooting again.

Last edited:
Hardwire it, get it setup and running. Then setup wireless in fusion. I was having wifi connection issue with one of mine and this solved the problem for weeks now. Make sure you reset it with a paperclip and setup from first step wired, it might take a few attempts to get the wireless to stick but it will work.
Done hardwire, didn’t work either. First day was fine, which I don’t get it what changed.

I am concerned the unit i got malfunction. He guided me through over the phone, i tried many times to use paperclip to reset, the apex never respond to it. As like the reset button never there, it could not reset with paperclip inserted.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a defective unit. I had a defective pump from Neptune once and they had me try everything before agreeing it was defective. But they did ultimately send me a new one.

You need to borrow a display unit the you can see what’s going on. I have one from my old setup and I keep it because of situations like this. If you have a computer there are a few tricks to find the IP address of the unit. You can also login to your router and most list all up addresses of devices on network. Other option is a full factory reset

You need to borrow a display unit the you can see what’s going on. I have one from my old setup and I keep it because of situations like this. If you have a computer there are a few tricks to find the IP address of the unit. You can also login to your router and most list all up addresses of devices on network. Other option is a full factory reset
I have a display unit. The number for ththe salinity always show differently every time I unplug the apex and restart agaun. The tech guy did log into the router and didn’t find anything unusual that would trigger the reboot. He did a full factory reset as well by login into their Amin account. As many suggested, I will contact marine depo to return it. The unit should be able to reset with paper clip underneath the apex, something is off.

I got a replacement for the Apex on Monday and it has been up and running for the past 4 days without any issue so far. I have to prove it to them that it wasn't the issue with my router at home after took the apex to try it out at my office's router, and it didn't work either. Took them a while to agreed the unit I received was malfunction even when I told them the reset button never work from the beginning.

That shouldn’t have been such a hassle. The reset button should’ve been a red flag for them.

The Apex is really nice to have. No issues here for 3 years.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back