Turbo snails paralyzed?

dexterqg

Non-member
Hi everyone, I just put some turbo snails in my tank to eat all of the brown algae, that is covering almost everything in my tank, two days ago and none of them have moved (there’s 6) my water checks out and my salinity is at 1.024. They all appear to be alive but haven’t eaten or moved is there something wrong? Everyone else in the tank is doing fine, should I try a different clean up crew? If so what can I get that will be ok with a geometric eel and niger trigger?

any chance you bumped your Mag to try to clear any algae?
I had issues once in an old tank with snails when I bumped my Mag up in my tank to deal with Bryopsis, I thought they were all dead, dropped off the rocks etc... but then a couple days later they were moving around and come to find out that can happen when increasing Mag to quick.

any chance you bumped your Mag to try to clear any algae?
I had issues once in an old tank with snails when I bumped my Mag up in my tank to deal with Bryopsis, I thought they were all dead, dropped off the rocks etc... but then a couple days later they were moving around and come to find out that can happen when increasing Mag to quick.
What is mag? I’m new to this haha

Read up on those guys. They eat for like 8 hours straight and then sleep for 20 hours or something like that. Good chance you won’t see them moving every day.

I forget the exact numbers but they could just be in heavy sleep/digest mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read up on those guys. They eat for like 8 hours straight and then sleep for 20 hours or something like that. Good chance you won’t see them moving every day.

I forget the exact numbers but they could just be in heavy sleep/digest mode

Interesting, thank you!

You may find them inactive for the first day, then they are everywhere.
As long as their trap doors close tight, they are most likely ok.

They are all dead and I can’t find one... am in trouble I hope the snails weren’t a canary in the coal mine

You could not find the empty shells?

Did you buy them locally or mail order?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back