Upgrade prep

If the bubbles aren’t making it to the return I wouldn’t be too worried unless you really want to make it bubble free. Your pipe idea is good , try to go as big as possible around the outlet and bit deeper, even put some kind of foam on the top around the pipe to keep salt spray down

Thanks Chris I was gonna use foam and a drink bottle for my trial run then upgrade to clear pvc if it works. My concern is that the bubbles are attaching them selves to the chato. It's not growing as fast as it did the first week and its all bunched up down river so to speak. Some one posted a link gulf coast echosytems perhaps I'll contact them and buy some planted seaweed

one month update,I've managed to tame my bubble issues (thanx for the suggestions l) using a voss water bottle and I added some huge turbo snails to my fuge plus two peppermint shrimp and there doing an awesome job. My ph now never goes below 8.2 and there's virtually no alge in my main display now my phosphorus unfortunately is up to 170 and my nitrate is stil somewhere around 15 and my chetto is not growing, I'm thinking of adding I little iron to my dowsing regement. Any suggestions
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG

Hanna for phosphorus and redsea for nitrate I stopped using gfo to let the chetto do its job and I manually dose aquaforrest. But I don't think the components strong is set up for refugium systems.plus I have a lifereef skimmer coming in the next couple of weeks and they say they reduce nitrate

Finally got my Rocky Mountain protein skimmer. This is the second most expensive thing I've done to my tank and a huge stretch on my budget but worth every penny. Also I've been dosing aquaforest iron every day and my cheto is growing well. Does any one have a recommendation on an iron supplement that doesn't need to be manually dosed every day. My phosphate is not at around 1.5 and my nitrate is down to just unde 10 which is an all time low for me
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG

It's coming up on one year since I started to prep for a bigger tank and I still have my 72, Hopefully it won't be another year. A few updates I thought would be worth sharing. About a month ago my jebao dc6000 died without warning, luckily a had an8000 running my lifereef skimmer. Anouther reason to love that skimmer. I finally added a couple of clowns (not sure what I held of on those for so long) and added a couple of maxspect fx250s. Way to powerful for a 72 sps. if I run them at anything higher than 10 percent they start to bum out my hammer coral. I may box them up for now and pickup a couple of aquamies.

0DAAF17C-305D-4C9D-9A1E-7AC61519BAE5.jpeg
I plan on placing an order with glass cages for this glass later this week any suggestions or insights would be appreciated since I’ve never built a fish tank before

81AA4B6B-783A-4A08-AC19-C54205E20E7A.jpegF9D76D80-7C77-44D6-895A-61783361B86B.jpeg858A259F-FB00-440B-9175-806214C14A84.jpegGlass came in front and sides. Now I need a glass shop to cut it to the right dimensions. And supply the bottoms. backs and braces. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back