Vaping and reefs?

Cheddah93

Well known member
Was just curious if anyone here vapes? Like a Juul or other vape/e-cig and if you’ve had any noticeable affects going on with your tank? Like smoking in the same room as your tank and some sps in the tank possible?

Was just curious if anyone here vapes? Like a Juul or other vape/e-cig and if you’ve had any noticeable affects going on with your tank? Like smoking in the same room as your tank and some sps in the tank possible?
I have and still do vape unfortunately. Haven't really noticed anything at all with the tanks, even within close quarters. I've gone from mech mods, to juul and now to lost vape orion pod system and haven't really moticed any difference.
For reference, https://www.instagram.com/aquaman_shalom/ can often be seen chucking clouds sitting just feet from his tank with no ill effects.

Last edited:
I blow clouds near it from time to time doing water changes. Haven’t noticed anything bad.

Sweet thanks for the replies, I just recently started smoking a Juul to get away from cigarettes, and even though I haven’t noticed anything I figured it was worth asking.

I smoke Halo Tribeca out of a tesla mod box, .5ohm coils a few times a day.
Given the ingredients in most of the products in the state now, I doubt there's a issue.
It was a bit unproven back when the subject matter was cigarette/weed smoking in the house.
I'd be more concerned with co2 build up in the house.

I don't vape myself, but I've heard mixed opinions about its effects on aquariums. Some say it can lead to a film forming on the water surface, affecting gas exchange, while others haven't noticed any issues. It's crucial to consider the potential risks, especially with sensitive organisms like SPS corals. As for medical cannabis, it's essential to weigh the benefits against any potential drawbacks, including its impact on personal relationships. Ultimately, each person's experience may vary, so it's crucial to prioritize both health and harmony within your social circle. You can find more information about medical cannabis at releaf.co.uk.

Last edited:
It’s nothing to be proud of but I’m always smoking cigars around my tanks. All seems to be okay.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back