Water Changes | How Many of You Do Them and Schedule?

Do you do water changes?

• Yes

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Auto Water Change

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Just curious as to how many reefers hers perform water changes and how often do you do them. Any adverse effects by not doing them?

Once a week. 10-15%. Not sure its necessary, but i use it to clean up detritus from the bare bottom or manual removal of any algae on rocks.

I havent had any time with work to do a water change in the past 3 months. No ill effect. Have a big refugium, bio pellets, and a very well tuned In skimmer. Tank is also on an auto feeder that feeds 3 times a day.

I havent had any time with work to do a water change in the past 3 months. No ill effect. Have a big refugium, bio pellets, and a very well tuned In skimmer. Tank is also on an auto feeder that feeds 3 times a day.

Oh and I dose. I just check levels every week or every other. Hasnt changed since I stopped doing waterchanges

Also 10-15% every 10-14 days. Tried 10% weekly but just make that work with life's schedule. LOL. As to whether or not it is necessary or has good or bad affects I think that would depend on each individual tank. I think my corals do look a bit happier after a wtr ch. I'm running sump/fuge and skimmr carbon & gfo. That said not all that what works for others translates into success for us.

Auto water change roughly 1/2 gal per day on 80 gal total. Have not done a bigger one in a while.

10% every 10 - 14 days. I have 4 tanks running so doing 2 every week. Test alk every day. Calcium every other day, no3, po4 once a week.

10% every 2-5 weeks. I do a change when the algae on the rocks becomes too unsightly or the organic buildup on the bottom of the tanks gets to be too much.

10% every 7-10 days. 200 gallon volume between display and sump/fuge. I use NSW with salinity increased by adding reef crystals.

I'm doing 10% bi-weekly. With red sea coral pro elevated levels all works out great for me.

~15% on 190g total water volume every week or two. With dosing and wet skimming, system doesn’t really need it but I use it to clean out the sump and do WCs on QT and separate tanks.

3.2 gallons a day on continuous change.
every once awhile I do a manually change of 60-100G when I need to clean out detritus on the rocks. The Westford water department loves me.

Glad I am not the only one upsetting the Westford water department.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back