waterbox dx 220

Not much of an update but here's a new toy I just got. Geos kalkwasser reactor have to wait for 6 weeks for this. Let see how much of a difference in ph will be in couple of days. Hopefully will get to 8.2-8.3 which I'm aiming for. Currently sitting at 7.7-7.9 I guess it's fine for some people but heard high ph will have better growth so mine as well try it out
Is that a kalk stirrer? I’m trying to figure out how it works. The pump is in place of the stirring mechanism?

Is that a kalk stirrer? I’m trying to figure out how it works. The pump is in place of the stirring mechanism?
This one it use the pump and I set the pump run every 4hrs for 2 min. For this reactor it runs more like kalk slurry method so let see how my ph reading is in couple of days. Need to install a ph probe to see if the potency is 12ph for max saturated kalk. Going to see how my ph is in a couple of days. But so far my alk been stable.

WOW ok. That is a bit scary for me. If I were you, I would make sure the pump doesn't come on during the circulating pump blasting in there. You're going to get pure kalk in your system.

My Avast stirrer with a constant gentle stir, stays steading at 12.1 ph where fully saturated Kalk is typically at 12.4-12.5. I am happy with that.

WOW ok. That is a bit scary for me. If I were you, I would make sure the pump doesn't come on during the circulating pump blasting in there. You're going to get pure kalk in your system.

My Avast stirrer with a constant gentle stir, stays steading at 12.1 ph where fully saturated Kalk is typically at 12.4-12.5. I am happy with that.
When the circulation pump on for 2 minutes I don't see much of the kalk goes to the top so when my versa pump rodi water into the bottom of the reactor and it push the saturate kalk to the top so not too concerning about the undisolve kalk into the system. The avast it goes to the side so need to be gravity feed so that's why I went with the geo.

Wow finally see ph at 8.0 and I just used the kalkwasser reactor for 2 days hopefully will see 8.2-8.3 soon. Glad I got the kalkwasser reactor should've got it sooner.

Attachments

• IMG_6434.png
    IMG_6434.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 93
Wow your coralline algae really took off! Are you still using the kalk reactor?

Really great fish! Do you have a sand dish for them to hide in?

I've been using the kalk reactor but I use it for ph. For those coraline algae I think it's because since day 1 I keep my alkalinity steady at 8.5 Kh and I do water change 10% every week. And about the wrasses I check with the original owner and he said that pair just goes under the rocks so I have a cave for them but if they look stress out I will have a sand bed in a corner for them. I will have a tuxedo urchin to clean up the coraline algae, when all my frags encrusting onto the rocks. That way he won't give all of them frags a ride of death.

Just got some more frags.

TGC Cherry Bomb
TCK Disco Infero
BC Rainbow Melon
TSA Wooly Mammoth
Orange naval fuzzy
Speciosa
Rru orange passion

Attachments

• IMG_6894.jpeg
    IMG_6894.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6897.jpeg
    IMG_6897.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6896.jpeg
    IMG_6896.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6895.jpeg
    IMG_6895.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6892.jpeg
    IMG_6892.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6893.jpeg
    IMG_6893.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 105
6 months mark got kalkwasser reactor and calcium reactor running. Just need to get my nutrients stable for them color pops.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back