Weird stains & marks

CapeReefer

Non-member
So I was cleaning my tank and I just noticed these weird stains. Almost looks like water stains but I can’t figure out how or why. Anyone have any clues or ideas and how to get rid of it? I tried to clean with my glass float cleaner with metal blade and tried pad. It is not on the exterior of glass. They are only really visible at the right angle which is how I noticed it after swapping my filter socks. Pls help. :(
20F686B4-16A4-49D8-9F2A-485598301067.jpeg

Attachments

• 938B0190-1963-4A16-91C2-156BC090FBFC.jpeg
    938B0190-1963-4A16-91C2-156BC090FBFC.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 123
I'd try cleaning the exterior glass with enough solution, I've seen that before when I've cleaned up the glass not used enough spray and it dries up looking hazey

I didn’t use a vinyl background and the exterior is very clean. I used reef safe glass cleaner from BRS and microfiber cloth. It is inside. In person you can clearly see it’s inside the tank.

You might want to look up hard water stains on aquarium glass. Typically a buildup of calcium or magnesium. Can be cleaned off when the tank is empty but it is possible for it to permanently mark the glass

Just wondered if you tried an actual razor blade. Though I'm sure you did if you could feel any deposit on the glass.

It feels completely smooth and I was thinking of using magic eraser original, which I been reading may be my best bet since it’s reef safe (contains no chemicals).

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back