Welcome

jsak1976

Granite State Aquatics
BRS Member
Welcome to Granite State Aquatics, my name is Josh and I’m located in Derry, NH. I’ve been in this hobby for about 18 yrs now I think, my oldest son is 15yrs old and I know I had tanks set up a few yrs before he was born.

I’ve always enjoyed growing corals and learning about all aspects of marine life. My display tank wasn’t enough for me so I set up a frag tank in my basement just to watch corals grow and that became two tanks and now three lol. So I figured I should probably start selling some of them to make room for some new ones.

I’m also a big fan of using Live Phytoplankton’s in my tanks and due to the lack of availability of a good quality live phytoplankton I decided to start growing my own. I have a 55 gal tank with my live culture and have plenty of fresh 8 and 16oz bottles for sale.

If anyone needs any help with Neptune’s Apex system I have extensive knowledge on setting them up and programming them and all the equipment that goes with them DOS, Wave maker, Trident, ATK’s and all the sensor and switches.

I have plenty of fresh RODI water and usually around 50 gallons of newly mixed salt water if anyone ever needs any. If you need your water tested I have all test kits that I use and trust on a regular basis with new reagents. If anyone ever needs any loaner equipment or a QT tank I have some extra new 5 and 10 gal tanks, heaters, fish traps and other gear people can borrow.

So right now I have three frag tanks one for SPS, one for LPS and one mainly zoas. Here’s a few pics of some of the corals I’ve been growing out.

Check out Granite State Aquatics on Facebook, once I get some likes and people following I will be doing some free coral raffles, posting new corals for sale, Fragswap’s and hopefully more.
https://www.facebook.com/1185007341684509/

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you. Thanks Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGGiePauls33

IG/GreatBeardedReef 2019 BOD, 2020 President
Staff member
BRS Member
Officer
Thanks for Sponsoring our club Josh, looking forward to seeing the fire that you bring in a month to the Fragtastic show. Put me down for a few bottles of that phyto please.

jsak1976

Granite State Aquatics
BRS Member
Thanks for Sponsoring our club Josh, looking forward to seeing the fire that you bring in a month to the Fragtastic show. Put me down for a few bottles of that phyto please.
Thank you Paul, I’ll be bringing 8oz and 16oz bottles to the show for $5 and $10. The live phytoplankton will stay fresh in a fridge for at least 2 months if the bottle is lightly shaken and open once a week to allow some oxygen in. This is only necessary if your going to be storing it, if your using it you’ll be opening it anyways.

BiGGiePauls33

IG/GreatBeardedReef 2019 BOD, 2020 President
Staff member
BRS Member
Officer
Thank you Paul, I’ll be bringing 8oz and 16oz bottles to the show for $5 and $10. The live phytoplankton will stay fresh in a fridge for at least 2 months if the bottle is lightly shaken and open once a week to allow some oxygen in. This is only necessary if your going to be storing it, if your using it you’ll be opening it anyways.
Sweet. I'll take two 16oz bottles.

jsak1976

Granite State Aquatics
BRS Member
Hey Josh,
Is your culture nannochloropsis?
I started with Nanno and Tetra. I need to invest in a microscope (preferably one I can get digital images from) to see if both cultures survived.

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7) Yung Jacques Cousteu
BRS Member
I started with Nanno and Tetra. I need to invest in a microscope (preferably one I can get digital images from) to see if both cultures survived.

Check the refurbished section on Amazon. That's where I got mine

Upcoming Events

Sunday December 29, 2019
December Meeting
12 to 4 pm
Framingham Elks
450 Union Ave
Framingham, MA 01702