Western MA Frag Swap

peach

Non-member
Any one in the Greater Springfield area know about any frag swaps or are interested in planning one? I'd plan one but when i plan things they tend to fail... plus it would be a great way to get to know local reefers and get some cool new corals without driving a few hours and trying to navigate the confusing eastern MA roadways :)

where would you do somthing like this ?. im thinking of starting something bigger . like a huge confrence/ bingo for coral and fish.

I would definitely be interested. Would also like to suggest that BRS sets up a Western MA section of the site for us folk.

i know the Knights of Columbus on Memorial Drive in chicopee is pretty cheep if enough people go..i'm not sure how fond they'd be of copius amounts of salwater in the building though

I would be interested, I havent checked in awhile but the library has a meeting room that I think is free just have to book it ahead of time

Chicopee Public Library does, i've used it before for school things, if enough people are interested and we can agree on a common date i'll call the library and see if they would allow us to use the room

thats where i was thinking the knights on the drive. but thats kind of big we would need atleast 100 people. for the nights. everyone better start shoping for 20 longs at petco for 20 bucks i think spfld has one left.

i'll check the petco in holyoke today, and i know tanks at walmart are usually cheapish

where would you do somthing like this ?. im thinking of starting something bigger . like a huge confrence.

These are very expensive. CTARS gets Mohegan Sun for almost nothing, and it still costs >$10,000 to put on. I am not sure if BRS is putting on BRASS this year, but I have a lot of connections to be able to put on a great conference (having done the last 3 for CTARS). I am not willing to put up $10K.

Have you looked at any schools in Western Mass that have a Marine Biology Program? E.O. Smith H.S. hosts a Frag Farmer every Spring. It is cheep and a good fund raiser for the school program. You can get local stores to buy a table and reefers.

holy man10 grand is out of budget this year looking to buy a big boat this year with my extra funds. but the school idiea is awesome i should look into that.

my old high school has a marine bio class and the teacher and i keep in touch, i could talk to her and see if there is anything she could do

I'm trying to get one together just north of Boston.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back