Whale Shark

Arsalan

____LifeLongLearner____ BRS BoD
Officer
BRS Member
Made a pretty big friend earlier today! Thought you guys might like this.
f78614000cb3f82d44610cad628d7674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha no I’m in Thailand. Did a 5 day liveaboard dive cruise. Amazing to see our pets in their natural habitat!

Holy crap that's awesome! I've been thinking about getting certified for scuba diving. I go snorkeling a lot but I feel like you can see so much more scuba diving. I'm guessing nothing else is going to top seeing a whale shark but what else have you seen?

Haha no water is quite warm there.

I saw almost anything you’d see at a pet store plus way more. Best part is seeing everything at full grown size, so powder blue tangs were about 8” and anemones are up to 2’ or even more. Highlights other than whale shark was a cuttle fish, flat worm, harlequin shrimps, all sorts of crazy slugs I’ve never seen and a bunch more I’m forgetting.
It was so tempting to snag some corals, but it’s diver code not to.

I’ll post more pics when I get back, took plenty of them.

Holy crap that's awesome! I've been thinking about getting certified for scuba diving. I go snorkeling a lot but I feel like you can see so much more scuba diving. I'm guessing nothing else is going to top seeing a whale shark but what else have you seen?

I highly recommend the cert and once you have it, I think the best way to dive is LiveAboards. It’s an all inclusive boat cruise that goes to different dive sites for multiple days and you just eat sleep and dive each day. They have it in most countries that have good diving. Best trip I’ve had hands down.

I highly recommend the cert and once you have it, I think the best way to dive is LiveAboards. It’s an all inclusive boat cruise that goes to different dive sites for multiple days and you just eat sleep and dive each day. They have it in most countries that have good diving. Best trip I’ve had hands down.

Cool! I will defintely check them out if I go through with getting scuba certified. What type of camera do you use when diving? I have a go pro camera that I use for snorkeling that I've had mixed results with. Unfortunately when I was in Costa Rica a few weeks ago it was raining heavily a lot so when I went snorkeling around Cano Island the water wasn't as clear as it usually is and the Go Pro didn't do so well. Not sure if any camera would have worked well in those conditions though.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back