What are these?

Wanda65

Non-member
Any idea as to what these are? Good/not so good? Found them in this “empty “ shell on the sand bed. Seem like snail. Thanks

63A5EA4C-E36B-4359-8D4B-182333DD8BF4.jpeg
F9D728FD-B5D4-4D1B-8563-77A94D7FAB2F.jpeg

Maybe a species of pyramid snail? Idk though, the shell shape doesn't look correct based on your picture. Have a Google for "pyramid snail reef tank" and see what you think.

Pictures are blurry, but many baby snails look like that. Those could be baby nassarius snails or likely many others.

If they are in the water or on the glass you may be able to identify them easier, they’re all retracted there. Maybe put them in a small container with tank water and take more pictures.

Thanks. I’ve never seen them on the glass. I’ll keep looking and try for better pictures

I found a bunch of these feasting on a snail that was on the sand bed, so I scooped them up. They can actually move fairly quick. Any ideas, or where I should l look?
Hope you all are weathering the storm ok!
5A1FF4A3-3B11-48DA-B2F8-74D1BA65076B.jpeg

I still can't tell because you've got them out of the water, but they seem to have a siphone and shell shape consistent with nassarius snails. Behaviorally, if you saw a group of them scavenging a dead snail, that also matches up.

If you can get a picture of them on the glass/sandbed there will likely be easier to confirm the anatomy.

You can send the pics to John at reef cleaners and he’s usually quick to ID them for you

Thanks for your responses. They are so small I don’t think I can get a picture of them on the sand bed. Glad that no one is saying they are some super bad critter. I’ll keep at it. Happy reefing!

Back