What Did You Do in Reefing Today?

Have you been using it long?
I have been using it about four months with good growth. I started with about 25 mls twice a day in a 29 gallon biocube(actually 21)gallons. I'm up to 100 mls twice a day. This is a tank started in January, with no real corals added for a about 6 weeks and very slow additions of new coral. Water changes were plenty for the first two months. It keeps the alk, pH, and Ca++ high. I like adding a specific amount per day, since my evaopration rates vary wildly.

Mowed the lawn and watched a garden snake slithering into the wood. Came home and fed the fish and watched the engineer goby slithering back under the rock. The goby is fatter and longer...I can’t help but wondering if that was a sea snake instead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is Reefled? The one with RGB ?
Or the Red Sea one?
If it was the Red Sea Reefled, I would buy a Radeon

The Red Sea Reefled is several years behinds the current led design, just get the Radeon or Hydra instead. Or a Reefbreeders photon v2+.

Just put in an order at fishybusinessaquaticsdotcom. They have some HUGE acro pieces for around a hundred bucks. The frags are a little steep tho

Took PAR readings for my tank for the first time. I rented for $50 from BRS. Seemed like a good thing to do since that's about the price of a frag. The Reefbreeder lights that I got from Dong are super bright! Getting 500 PAR at the top and 250 PAR on the sand. That is with the lights 11" above the tank, and only set at about 50% power.

Also took nitrate and phosphate readings. Long story short : filter floss is incredibly effective at nutrient reduction, and without it, my tank's nutrient levels have tripled in the last 3 weeks. Changes in corals and algae levels over that time? Nothing that I can tell. Tank still looks the same (pretty good to me).

Checked out Frank180’s tank and got a frag.
Got home and sold 2 frags of zoas acclimated ( dropped in ) my frag and added water to my ATO

Took PAR readings for my tank for the first time. I rented for $50 from BRS. Seemed like a good thing to do since that's about the price of a frag. The Reefbreeder lights that I got from Dong are super bright! Getting 500 PAR at the top and 250 PAR on the sand. That is with the lights 11" above the tank, and only set at about 50% power.
Next time you need a PAR meter, please let me know and I have one that you can borrow for free.

This morning a guy called about his aggressive green torch coral he paid handsomely for. It seemed coral around it were dead.
I requested a photo of this torch coral. When I saw the photo of this torch, I knew why, it was a green Galaxea.
By the way, that “torch” has a fancy name from the seller, just so rare that you could not even google it.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back