what do you know about dosing pumps?

ScottM

Non-member
looking at getting this one (only a single channel not dual):
PRO_seditiongld.jpg

anyone use this type before?

i am currently using this:
Nautilis2a.jpg

any opinion/input would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the above. I've had a Litermeter for about 6 months which has performed flawlesly however. Money well spent IMO. If you have any questions on the Litermeter let me know.

I have the reef dosing one (lower pic) never had issues except you cant put it on a timer so its 24/7 but works fine. I bought one of the expensive pumps from champion that can work on a timer and pump up to these gallons per day - 3/7/14 (I think) depending which pump you buy. I use this one for kalk. probably the other will be magnesium but I dont have a big load yet to worry about it.

Don't mean to steal the thread, but i have a digital peristaltic lab grade pump FS if anyone is interested. I use my peristaltic pumps on level controllers, I also put them on a timer in such a manner that even if the level controller fails, it will take several days for the pump to overfill the sump.

Sorry, no pics. The model is discontinued so I cannot get a photo from the Cole-Parmer Site. I don't know what a photo will tell you, but I'll try and snap one of the pump. FWIW, you can mount two heads to it as well, but the heads have to move at the same RPM, so the only way to change the relative flowrates is by varying the bore size of the tubing.

This is getting off subject pretty far, I appologize for anyone reading. Scott, you are welcome to ask more questions, but perhaps it would be better to do so in the thread on this pump in the equipment FS section.

http://216.235.242.50/forums/showthread.php?t=447

Back