What does your electric bill look like?!

That will keep the electricity usage minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dong I no lots of ppl are going co-gen. They basicaly use a natural gas gen to heat your house. With that much water you may also want to look into a heat pump heater for saltwater pools. I imagine that would cut water heating cost by half or more

My house is heated by propane.
Heat is no an issue as all the equipment in the fish room heats the room up nicely. When I had metal halide, the fish room was hot even in winter. Cooling cost the most in summer.

How many tanks do you have?
My electricity bill is not that noticeable in a town that populated with mega house and swimming pools. A friend down the street use more electricity than I do and he does not even have a reef tank.

How many tanks do you have?
My electricity bill is not that noticeable in a town that populated with mega house and swimming pools. A friend down the street use more electricity than I do and he does not even have a reef tank.

I have 5 tanks

Yup, that will make your electricity bill go up.

I am around 400, House is all electric no gas in neighborhood 2 tanks 160gal plus sump and 60 gallon frag with sump. Central ac is killer in summer wife and I work long hours kids set thermostat to 62 in summer.
Burn pellets in winter.

If anyone of you doesn’t plan to move any time soon and doesn’t want to keep paying electric bills, I suggest looking into solar panels. And if you don’t feel like looking into it but you know you want it, let me know because I spent a lot of time looking into it and found a company that beat dozens of other quotes substantially with top line components and got the job done in 2 days.

Looking into it myself.. Who did you go with?? I have been getting prices that are all over the map. how much does your system produce daily? i don't need a very large system. house is 2000 sq. ft. about.

If anyone of you doesn’t plan to move any time soon and doesn’t want to keep paying electric bills, I suggest looking into solar panels. And if you don’t feel like looking into it but you know you want it, let me know because I spent a lot of time looking into it and found a company that beat dozens of other quotes substantially with top line components and got the job done in 2 days.

Looking into it myself.. Who did you go with?? I have been getting prices that are all over the map. how much does your system produce daily? i don't need a very large system. house is 2000 sq. ft. about.

I have a 15kW system, it’s a beast. I can share details with the company and contact there that I went with if you want to PM me.

For others who are flirting with the idea, here’s why it makes sense to do it ASAP:

-2019 is the last year there is a 30% tax credit incentive (at least in MA), every year going forward, the percentage will get cut in half. So in 2020, you’ll get 15% tax credit. The company I went with will make sure to get you installed this year
- if you get a “SMART” loan for the system, you can apply the tax credit you receive in tax season to the loan to essentially refi (only once) and bring your monthly rate down accordingly based on the remaining principle.
- I get ~$200 checks monthly from the grid company just for being involved with the solar initiative.
- My electric costs get covered fully (I have 3 Reef systems and 3 roommates, luckily for me I’ve averaged out a roommates annual electric cost and charge them monthly which helps with the solar loan payments)
- I get 1:1 rate in credit for the power I sell back to the grid, which sits in my national grid account (can’t be cashed out, but can be transferred to other national grid accounts, maybe a second home or sell it to a tenant or friend/family) and can be accumulated to be used in the less sunny/winter months.
- Lastly, you’ll be making a very minimal improvement in saving our little reef friends in the oceans (if you care about that stuff)

7989de9de00a10a136c96544486f1e88.jpg

1a4ffd76f9724a1e735f1d42bbd6c569.jpg

Happy to answer questions!

At my house we have a 12.95 kw system. We used Boston solar and they were great to deal. We had ours turned on end of last October and we haven’t had a bill since February-March of this year. I have two systems running for tanks a 90 gallon reef with all the normal stuff and a qt tank in the basement with just basic stuff.

If you decide to go solar do it ASAP bc like others have said the credits are ending this year.

I made sure my company had our solar system larger then our demand currently, by about 15-20% bc I eventually would like to get a 200-400 tank for the basement.

Going solar was probably the best investment we have made in the home since we bought in 2016.

For 26 years old house with about 3800 sq ft house, central air 24/7 and Redsea reefer 625 liters. $300 a month, natural gas about $30 in summer. Electric and gas bills are opposite during summer/winter.

Total out of pocket is about $300 - 400 per month on average for both bills.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Small City 2bdrm apartment. My bill was 219 for july. My tanks a baby 40 gal too. Freakin ac for a 2nd floor sw facing apt. I almost had a heart attack

795 square foot home. Avges $400/mo in winter which is 9 months out of the year and $325 in the summer months. This is for the whole house I have about 300 gallons of systems in my basement, this is for Bangor Maine

Back