What flow pumps to go with

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
So my tank is a 125 with the 2 mega flow (?) Overflows on the back wall. Current pumps are 2 jebao QP16 pumps and 2 ReefBreeder RN1 pumps. Along with 2 returns as well. I also have a jebao gyre pump currently not being used. Now these pumps are doing a decent job but I don't think I am satisfied with them. It has been like 10 years since I have had a 6ft tank (180) and I had Tunzes and Ecotech pumps.

So before I start wasting my money I figured I ask for a little push into any direction.

I was thinking of trying the gyre 330 or for a little more money the 350

I wanted to see if I could stay around 400 and I am not against buying used if I need to

Thanks
Ray

I like my tunzes, price, flow and reliability. The gyres need a lot of maintenance to me.

I'll be buy Tunze 6095's for my 57 Rimless after Xmas. I have an Icecap 1k gyre in my biocube and have to clean it every few months as the flow slows down a lot. I know you should clean your pumps, but this is rediculous with the reduction by almost half.

Jaebo DW pumps are great, look and move water like a MP. A third of the price only downfall is the wire. Been running 2 without cleaning since their release. That said after getting an apex I've purchased ecotech for the compatibility

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back