What is this

absolutecarrot

Non-member
FCD60D9D-8078-4CC1-849F-BBB5BDF936E6.jpeg
86F5AA70-3C85-41D6-AE69-D5CE138C0D29.jpeg
EC784C42-686C-47D2-A983-2AC7EB490209.jpeg
34632B04-999A-4BD8-A304-048F03157A9A.jpeg

These thing have been showing up on my glass does anyone know what they are, thanks

Flatworms. Likely the LPS eating or SPS eating type.
Not what you want to hear. And unfortunately, I don't think it's the non coral eating type since the one I see here is dark. Dark flatworms are usually not good news.

Do you dip or treat your incoming corals?
Bayer will eliminate 99% of pests and the remaining 1% are eggs which you have to scrape off and clean an eye on the corals.
If the coral can't survive the Bayer dip, it doesn't belong in my tank.

Do you know if six line wrasse eat them, I mostly see them on the glass some are more white then others. I scrape them of and it kills them, I haven’t seen any on my corals so far

Since it's a 20G. I would take all the corals, Bayer treat them. Place them in another tank and let your tank go fallow for a couple months.

Looks like a polyclad. I would look at the based of any LPS corals to check if you see more of them. +1 on the Bayer. that should do the trick.

Do you get any LPS such as torch, wall hammer or wall frogspawn coral lately? It looks like those LPS eating flat worm

You can dip all the torch, hammer and frogspawn with seachem reefdip to see if any of them fall off. Then do a full tank treatment with flatworm Exit.

In most cases, these worms were found on wild Euphyllia coral especially torch coral. They responding to iodine dip such as Seachem reefdip very well. Sometimes they even live inside the mouth of torch coral.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back