What is this

These flatworm become very common since this year, they were mostly found on wild gold torch, Jake Adams posted an article about it.
Jake implied that these worm were originated from Indo.

Last edited:
These flatworm become very common since this year, they were mostly found on wild gold torch, Jake Adams posted an article about it.
Jake implied that these worm were originated from Indo.

Thanks you, you have been a great help

3679B529-BF9A-4CB1-9C14-F3CDB0170FD1.jpeg

They show up everday on the glass 10245FC4-E3AE-42D7-AB55-870A331026FE.jpeg

You wont see them on Euphyllia such as torch until you dip them. They can rapidly infest all Euphyllia especially torch coral but hide very well. Some worms also lives inside the mouth of torch, a friend of mine was shocked when he dipped his torch colonies and saw them emerged from the mouths of torch.

You wont see them on Euphyllia such as torch until you dip them. They can rapidly infest all Euphyllia especially torch coral but hide very well. Some worms also lives inside the mouth of torch, a friend of mine was shocked when he dipped his torch colonies and saw them emerged from the mouths of torch.

I’m going to use flatworms exit, and after dip the coral to see if there living in lps

I used the flatworm exit which got a lot of the flatworms, but of course there back. I dipped all the lps. They are not the Euphyllia eating flatworms like in the article but they are the brown and clear annoying ones. I am planning on getting a wrasse to keep the population in check.

What shape are they? If they looks like a wedge with two tails, it is the normal one. If they are round like in your first photo, they are the lps eating ones.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back