What is this?

koolademan

Non-member
I’m not really sure what is happening but my blastomusa is producing some white stuff while I’m dipping it my mushroom coral made something similar from its mouth as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 326
Also is this a turbo snail I found it on the coral plug while I was dipping it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 299
Not the clearest picture but I think those are acontia filaments that are being expelled from the mouth due to stress. What are you dipping in and is it mixed with tank water of the same salinity and temperature as the tank the animals live in? It should be if it isn’t. Also, some dips need aeration while using them and watch time, as you can kill corals from using improper technique.

@gobyvin thank you for your response! I had been dipping them in a mixture of the water they came in and my tank water and let the water acclimate before I dipped them. It might be because they were in a long car ride and dipped with what I had leftover from a packed I used before and may have added too much. I’ll try to be more careful with this in the future though. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t any potential pests

CoralRx is a tree oil, which in my opinion has no place in dipping coral with. It is very harmful to all sort of coral, so don’t dip it too long, better yet, don’t use it at all.

I looked at the product description and agree with Dong 100%. I am very suspect of this stuff. They don’t even specify what natural product is the active ingredient. I am not a dip expert, just getting acquainted with it. Bayer seems the most widely used and proven dip chemical used.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back