What is your preferred macro algae to populate a refugium with?

AC_Rhino

Non-member
What is your preferred macro algae to populate a refugium with? This is a clean start fuge. Dragon's Tongue Algae, Blue Hypnea Algae, Chaetomorpha Algae, Something else? The fuge will actually have a display section as well.

What is your preferred macro algae to populate a refugium with? This is a clean start fuge. Dragon's Tongue Algae, Blue Hypnea Algae, Chaetomorpha Algae, Something else? The fuge will actually have a display section as well.
I'm glad someone started this thread. I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I'm looking for other types aside from chaeto, doesn't have to be nice to look at, and doesn't go sexual and start growing in the display.

I like chaeto but have had good luck with dragons breath in the past, it grew almost as fast as chaeto and much more ornamental which is what you are looking for.
I like watching some of the Melevs reef videos and he has a huge refugium with a couple different macros but the one I liked was a kind of caulerpa that look like the leaves of a fern and he talked about the whole going a sexual thing and never having an issue.

Back