What items do I need to start adding corals to my 26gal?

rbuttigl

Non-member
My 26gal has been up and running almost 4 months and parameters are stable. I'm hoping it is ready for some beginner corals (first timer with corals). What items do I need to start out? I'm guessing at least some way to glue the plug to the rock, bone cutters to trim off a plug nub, and either Kalwasser to add to my ATO reservoir or 2-part. I already have Revive dip and turkey baster.

Are all these needed and what else am I missing?

You are welcome drop by to look at beginner coral, I have plenty of them, also we can discuss more details.
I am in Concord MA 01742, not far from you.

My 26gal has been up and running almost 4 months and parameters are stable. I'm hoping it is ready for some beginner corals (first timer with corals). What items do I need to start out? I'm guessing at least some way to glue the plug to the rock, bone cutters to trim off a plug nub, and either Kalwasser to add to my ATO reservoir or 2-part. I already have Revive dip and turkey baster.

Are all these needed and what else am I missing?
Do you have the right lights for them.
They are a filter feeder so you will also need a strong circulation.
Everyone seem to use a protein skimmer, so maybe you will need one.
There is also pest management, algae management.

Do you have the right lights for them.
They are a filter feeder so you will also need a strong circulation.
Everyone seem to use a protein skimmer, so maybe you will need one.
There is also pest management, algae management.
I have AI Prime 16HD, Nero3 for circulation. It is an AIO so first chamber has filter floss and MarinePure bio gems, second chamber has the heater, third chamber has ChemiPure Elite and a sponge. Last chamber is return pump.

I don't plan to run a skimmer. The fish load won't be large and I try to avoid overfeeding. 25% water changes twice a month have kept levels stable so far. I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

Dong (Acro Garden) has a wealth of knowledge and a great selection of corals. Definitely worth the trip to Concord.

Coral glue, dip (you have), and bone cutters are good to have around. It’s often easier to just push the frag plug buttom off with your fingers. A skimmer is not required. My frag tank runs without a skimmer.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back