Ann. What other forums/groups do frequently visit?

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
Hey all!
Thought I would field this question. we were wondering what other forums/groups do you also frequently visit. What is different to these sites that you like. We are always looking to make improvements to our forum and information like this will help us try to add things which are feasible to the club/ forum.

Thanks In Advance
Happy Reefing!

Hey all!
Thought I would field this question. we were wondering what other forums/groups do you also frequently visit. What is different to these sites that you like. We are always looking to make improvements to our forum and information like this will help us try to add things which are feasible to the club/ forum.

Thanks In Advance
Happy Reefing!
Reef 2 Reef, Humble.Fish, vary rarely Reef Central. Going to try out Reef Sanctuary.

Myself Reef to Reef, Humblefish and Neptune Forum are my other go to’s. I am going to check out reef sanctuary also. I also am a member of many FB reefing groups, but information is iffy which many people offer in those groups . The problem with most of these is they have become another craig’s list with all the sales posts. There is also lot of hearsay information being thrown around on the groups.

I am a purist at heart - I stick with BRS as my forum.
I go on the FB, but only to look at what is for sale - otherwise, if google suggests a thread in some forum for a particular animal or situation or item of interest - I will pop over for a quick read
Hearsay and heresy - most of everything we know about reefing is all anecdotal
And while it is true that none of us can possible have the same systems - there are way too many variables, what is true for one can have the same consequences for others, it just isn't likely. I have had reef tanks since the late 80's and a lot of what I "know" has turned out to be false. I am running a few tanks right now - same water, same salt, same equipment and still widely variable issues and growth and everything.
That being said - I will watch this thread and might just branch out to another forum if everyone else does. I have been known to fold under peer pressure a time or two. Thanks BRS Officers - for all that you do !

R2R and nanoreef.com. Mostly because of the volume of threads and updated tank builds. Every time you go on there you can find inspiration for all types of tanks and dream builds. We always want more tanks, but can't always keep adding them so I live vicariously through some of the new build threads.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back