Birdsnest
Gatorade Birdsnest
Birds of Paradise birdsnest
ORA neon green birdsnest

Pavona / Hydnophora
Electric green encrusting Pavona
Green branching Pavona
Neon green hydnophora

One of the green slimers, a peach or red Digi, and a stylo or birdsnest would be good starter SPS corals. Green encrusting Pavona is also nearly impossible to kill - keep this separated or off of the main rock work ;)

If you can kill PC Rainbow you are impressive. Inexpensive, "higher end" acro. Thing grows like a weed and will survive anything. I tried to kill it - literally - was overtaking one of my largest ledges and was threatening to overgrow some really high end stuff. Cut off the colony, then took epoxy and covered the encrusted portion. I must have missed a teeny, tiny little dot cause several months later it was literally back at it.

PC rainbow is easy, fast growing and its rainbow color is more vivid than many more expensive acro. The most impressive thing about it is that it looks great under normal lighting, you don’t need blue led plus orange gel filter and your imagination to see the rainbow color, highly recommended.

If you can kill PC Rainbow you are impressive.
I must be impressive then. They always perish in my tank, but all the goodies grow, RR the vingh, UC Dipping Dots, Walt Disney, TSA fruity pebbles, pink Floyd, Pikachu, heartbreaker etc, etc

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back