where is everybody!

People have been popping in and out all day, I think most people are going to have to wrap up their threads on RC and move here over some time, old habits are hard to break. :p

Lots of reasons for relatively "light" traffic. We expected it would take a while for the bulk of the traffic to transition to the new site. I think a lot of the people will be using both forums for a while.

We haven't sent out an email notification to the members/friends yet. The thread on the RC site with the new forum address isn't a sticky either, so people may not notice/read it.

Many of the people you see in the "browsing forum" page on the RC forum aren't BRS members and are just checking out our forum -- I'm not sure they'll bother coming to our forum and registering so I think our 'user list' will always be lower than it was on RC.

Some people may even have lives! :)

We had another shoot for Reef TV today.
Bunch of us were over at Gustavo's all day long setting up his new big tank.

Scuba_Dave said:
A shameless plug for another website...are we going to allow this!!??
YES!!
What the heck are you talking about? All forum boards let you post a clickable link to your website in your signiture.... errr except for RC :rolleyes:

Just some stats from RC:

There are 100 club forums listed on RC w/total post count ~267, 216 (not counting BRS)
Take away the top 10 clubs and you have ~97,427 posts for 90 clubs

BRS post count approaching 94,000

I'll be mostly here, great response time, great site. Anything I post for sale will be here. I will answer any questions I can here. Hopefully everyone will migrate over to this site

ducker said:
so are we expecting all traffic to be on this board instead of the RC forum?
80% 50% only?

Eventually, we'd like to see the traffic here rather than over at the RC forum. We don't have anything against RC, it's just nice to have our own forum where we moderate, where we can promote group buys, and where we can allow our sponsors to advertise. For simplicity sake, it'd be good to have all our eggs in one basket - this new forum.
RC is a very useful site for getting tough questions answered, for hearing about the latest trends and ideas, and for talking w/ hobbyists outside the local area. We still encourage everyone to use RC - just to migrate the local stuff over here.
We're going to keep the BRS forum open over there forever, as Joe noted above. There have been quite a few new members who found us through RC.

I've been on this board for about an hour, and I still haven't gotten a "Sorry Reefcentral is too damn busy" notice! I'm never looking back. The traffic jams on RC were unmanageable!

Nate

Gumhead, just a FWIW...most people's signatures are designed to be less prominent than their post, not the other way around. :)

Back