Which inexpensive return pump?

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Looking for something decent on the inexpensive side of things. Setting up a 40 breeder with 20 long sump until after the holidays when I can really start a build I have in mind.

I’d go with one of smaller Jebao controllable DC pumps. Pretty reliable and fairly inexpensive.
I have a dc6000 in a system and it’s powerful and hasn’t failed me yet. I know others vouch for them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input @Arsalan. Know anywhere to get one locally? I can order on Amazon, but figured I'd check B&M first.

+1 on the jebao I run 2 dcp 8000 no complaints. Try dong at acro gardens he sells reef breeders.

I have Coralbox DC 3000 return pumps in stock which is good for a 40 breeder.

I have a Sicce Synchra which has been running continuously for years with minimal maintenance. Started on my 40B / 20 sump and is now on my 75g / same sump.

I'd get another in a heartbeat. Plus it is silent and adjustable.

I second the Sicce. I went for a varios on my current build but my last tank ran a Sicce for years like a champ.

I have a $50- 600gph Hydor still going strong after 5 years. I pull it off once a month to rinse it clean.
You won't need anything crazy for a 40b with a 20g sump. You may want to fit the skimmer in first, and make your sections to get dimensions of a pump that can fit maybe just in case.

I have jebao power heads and the dcp10000 return pump since its pumping water from my basement to the 1st floor. I love it and the controller for it is great. It makes it easy to fine tune it for an Herbie overflow.

I’m on the jebao kick as well
Running a dcp 3000 on the biocube and when I set up the 40b will run that as well for the return

Thanks for the input @Arsalan. Know anywhere to get one locally? I can order on Amazon, but figured I'd check B&M first.
sorry for the delay, I've only ordered mine on Amazon and eBay. not sure where stocks them locally.
I know Dong used to stock the powerheads as I got one from him, but not sure if he ever had the return pumps.

Yes I do have return pumps, besides Jebao, I carry the Coralbox DC 3000 with safety float switch. You may already see the ad from Bulkreefsupply about the new Coralvue return pump with safety float switch. That is a new thing for return pump.

Coralvue makes Reef Octopus lines of products

I run the jeabo DCP-10000. it has been running flawless now for 2 years and super quiet. $115.00. I would look at the smaller pumps. I am pretty sure it is less. check out fish street website.
321315bf5f7a08490cd028063a640e3d.jpg
ad37251db3d43222b3b565e8e518f344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back