Who has PH woes during this heatwave?

Yup mine has been going as low as 7.8 at times. I just want to open every window for 24 hours, but the outside furnace won't allow that.

I've never been able to get mine much over 7.8 and I gave up trying a while back thinking I'd probably end up causing issues chasing numbers over 8. Thankfully it's been holding steady at about that level even with the windows shut tight and AC running for the past few weeks.

I ran 8.1 Night - 8.4 Day for a long time. A few weeks ago, I added a CA reactor and Dante's Inferno of 2022 started. Now it's 7.8 - 8.1.

I'm of the camp that PH definitely matters!

It helps gas off the excess co2
If you have a very turbulent drain you could also use that to degas it a bit

Mine got as low as 7.89. With today it’s up to its normal 8.2. There is definitely a noticeable increase in alkalinity and calcium absorption/growth rate with a higher ph in my experience

I've found that the best way to avoid pH woes during a heatwave is to unplug the sensor and cross my fingers.

Mine got as low as 7.89. With today it’s up to its normal 8.2. There is definitely a noticeable increase in alkalinity and calcium absorption/growth rate with a higher ph in my experience
For sure... Yup all the windows are open we just hit 8.2. Alk is dropping ha.

Just running status quo Ca reactor running at a PH of 6.73
28FB43E2-1075-4147-B4D9-9015FF3C77BE.png

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back