who would you pick

who would you have

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lourdes

starting to build !!
just curious on your opinion I can only have one what would be your choice the yellow tang is the present one but he maybe switched :)

I guess I just think if you buy a fish, you should keep it. I've never "approved" of trading in fish either when they get bigger or someone gets "tired" of them & wants something else. I only purchase a fish when I am sure I am going to keep it

Well, I have the first three. :)

I've always loved Powder Blue tangs, although I did just see a Powder Brown at Skipton's a week or two ago that was stunning.

I really wanted a desjardini (red sea) sailfin but none of the local stores ever carry them and eventually I found a pretty big (regular) sailfin for sale and picked him up. They are very neat fish...amazing how differently they can make themselves look anywhere from nearly all black to extremely light and everywhere in between. I'd still pick a desjardini over a "normal" sailfin (ChucksReef has a desjardini in his sump that is one of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen -- it is stunning, but has a penchant for certain corals).

My PB has had ich spots since practically the day I got him (months ago). He hasn't yet shown any horrible ill-effects but you never know; the PBs are known to be extremely susceptible to ich.

Yellow is obviously very common, but they maintain a nice size and are still (imo) very beautiful fish.

TheUltimateNoob said:
what if you change your mind? or the fish is causing problems? or the fish is getting picked on? etc.

I only purchase a fish when I am sure I am going to keep it. That means I've researched the fish 1st, and do not make impulse buys

But I did get rid of 2 pairs of clowns Tomato & GB - 1 set I was afraid was going to kill an LTA that wasn't doing well. The other set I am breaking down the tank

Last edited:
I answered Sailfin (red sea) based on a purely hypothetical set of factors (as Moe said tank size being first and foremost). The choice would definitely be dependant on the exact situation.

I see nothing wrong with trading in!!! I trade in cars/trucks, I trade corals Hell when my wife turns 40 I am going to trade her in for 2 twenty year olds :)

yeah. i don't really see a problem with trading in too. as with your clowns, there are always certain unforeseen circumstances where trading is probably best for the fish and all other inhabitants in the tank.

i chose the powder blue. absolutely beautiful fish. wish i could get one. :(

wow! tank 75 , trade in I don't want to change myself I watched my yelllow tang grow butt! my husband Rory is insisting on changing , he wants one of everything! so I will leave it up to the poll to help me make my decision the tank is a 75 for now but I will probally upgrade in a few years to a 90 ( Jeremy would hate me for changing to a size that my new canopy/lighting won't work in lol) so keep the opinions comming Dave I totally agree , but I have to make my husband happy somehow since he takes care of buss. like the electric bill!!!

i don't want to start a heated debate about tank size and tangs, but my own personal opinion is that the other 3 tangs listed other than the yellow will grow too large for a 75. a full grown yellow tang will be considerably smaller than the other 3?

pics powder blue in about an hour I can have a pic (at the store)

Attachments

• Picture 116.jpg
    Picture 116.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Picture 115.jpg
    Picture 115.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 280
yeah right I have seen yellow tangs 7'' or bigger ! the sailfin is small right now ,others average I am the type that if I need to adjust something like tank size in the future it's not a problem!

Back