World Wide Coral eBay auction - WTF?

JeanR

BRS Member
The link is below if anyone want to have a look. The prices on very common corals are crazy. $30 for a single head of common Duncan. $30 for an inch of common green slimer. $40 for a couple Xenia on a plug.

WWC could glue a turd to a frag plug, call it "WWC brown devil" and get $50 for it. These people have got it figured out.

https://www.ebay.com/str/worldwidec...52D447bac24a5%252D305588877&mc_cid=447bac24a5

Almost winning this endangered species. Fingers crossed.
3E831468-8B5F-4B68-B566-5DD10E04B0A5.png

Those are all auction prices, i.e. people are bidding those prices. Those are not asking prices from WWC. And to be fair, they have not called the common corals anything but the common names on the auctions that I see up right now.

Yes, many of these corals can be acquired locally through the club for less money, but not everybody in the hobby lives in a densely populated area. I'm not sure what the issue is?

Yeah but that isn’t Xenia that is WWC Xenia! Pure bred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy, I think the joke is because it is WWC people are paying more than they would.

Pinwheel zoas , Jason Fox sells them as JF stargazers now they go from 1-2/head to $20 a head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I myself just started buying wwc. But I typically just stick to the high end. Auctions in general usually surprise me with how high some people will bid. Some people get caught up in it, especially newer people.

same thing happens at a lot of online auctions. Some people just want what they want

Best time, in my opinion, to pick up some (obv not a Zenia or a Ducan) of the WWC nice corals is at their live sale. Still not local prices but as Andy said, not everyone has the luxury of awesome locals or time. I must admit, I am on the side of no time and will pick up frags from time to time from their live sales.

Best time, in my opinion, to pick up some (obv not a Zenia or a Ducan) of the WWC nice corals is at their live sale. Still not local prices but as Andy said, not everyone has the luxury of awesome locals or time. I must admit, I am on the side of no time and will pick up frags from time to time from their live sales.
Plus the live sales are super fun. It's fun to see if you get all the way through checkout or if the drag you covet sold.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back