Would meeting in Marlborough be better or worse for you?

Does this sound better or worse???

• Marlborough is a better place to meet for me.

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Marlborough is a worse place to meet for me.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Where is Marlborough?

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

stang8s

Cyber P
I made a few calls this AM about finding us a larger meeting space and found a few interesting things in Marlborough.

1) The Bigelow Auditorium at the Marlborough library. This room is rated for 125 people although they tell me 100 is about where it stops being "comfortable". There are folding tables and at least 100 stacking chairs. There is AV equipment available if needed. The room is $25 per use. They are open sat 9-5 and sun 1-5. We would have to put any chairs/tables out/away when done. They tell me it is aprox 30x40.

2) The Walker building in Marlborough, was marlborough's 1st high school. They have several rooms available. The largest is a large auditiorium with a stage. Would seat several 100. I do not have all the details on this one yet..

EDIT: I just got more info on this option. The room is at least 60x100 possibly larger and seats a min of 200 people. There are chairs/tables but thats about all. The cost would be $100. (The guy in charge says that it "should" be more but he knew that wouldnt work for a non-profit.) Saturday would be the better day here as a few church groups have it booked on most sundays.

Question is, would people be open to meeting in marlborough? Would this be better or worse for you?

Last edited:
About the same for me I think

Attachments

• MB.jpg
    MB.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
If its further take into account if it would be worth driving an extra 10min for the larger space.

If its the same distance, same thing..

As compared to where, Wakefield?
I think it might be slightly worse for me as I have to drive from the city........

Worse for me, but I have no problem having some meetings elsewhere. I know the folks down south are tired of driving up. I think we should continue to have the meetings in different places so that we are more likely to see different faces. Again, for my own (selfish) ability to attend I ask that we try to keep it to Saturday morning/early afternoon.

Last edited:
Bitingthesun said:
Boston Reefer Society, shouldn't we meet as close to Boston as posible?
The BRS has members all over New England.
We try to accomodate everyone.
If you can find a good meeting space in Boston that's available on a Saturday, cheap, and can seat ~150 people, with ample cheap parking, then let the gang know.

Boston public library... only problem is parking :(

"The Central Library has several rooms available for meetings and programs. These rooms are available free of charge to non-profit organizations for programs that are free and open to the public. All meeting rooms are located in the Johnson Building.

The Rabb Lecture Hall seats 342 and has an infra-red system for the hearing impaired.

Three Community Rooms are available to the public for meetings. The capacity of each room is 35.

The Mezzanine Conference Room is also available for meetings and programs and holds 100.

Requests for use of any room must be submitted in writing to the Public Services Office at least three weeks before your event. For further information, call the Public Services Office at 617-859-2371.

Click here for upcoming events."

http://www.bpl.org/central/meetingrooms.htm

Last edited:
reefsmurf said:
Boston public library... only problem is parking :(

A couple of years ago I looked into the BPL.
From what I remember, the meeting room has to be booked way in advance and can only be used by the same group twice per year. I had issues of availability with them - the room was never available when I needed it. After a third try I gave up. Perhaps you might get lucky.

I'd say it is an option for some meetings. I know its a country mile for me.

I don't mind going out to Marlborough.

I'd rather drive all the way out there then deal with city traffic, trying to find a parking spot, and paying for parking.

I would really love to start going to some of the meetings....I guess Marlboro is just as far away for me as the other places...but, wait a minute, DavidP lives in Marlboro..I've driven there before...hey, why not! :D

Its closer for me. thats why I vote for it. Also, its closer to all the other BRS members who don't live in metro boston...those who don't make it to many meetings because of the hassle of a long drive, poor parking, and cramped space.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back